Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / please help me Clearify some things for creating Scenarios
- - By Ann [de] Date 2014-09-08 10:16
Hey, i want to start make some Settlement Scenario, for this i would like to know wich changings i do have to expect in Future Releases, wich may affect Settlement Scenarios alot.
or plz just tell me if some stuff is still unclear or in discussion Progress.
I tried to found out in the Forums, but it seemed unclear to me what was the final decision on some Topics.

Pickaxe

so the pickaxe will then in near future only neccesary to dig coal and flints, and not able to dig Gold/rock/iron anymore?
Will it be merged with shovel and driller (?) into 1 item wich will be upgraded?

Heavy materials

i saw that you plan to make rocks iron and stuff to heavy materials wich needed to be carryied like the watterbarrel.
so is there a complete list wich materials will be affected by this?

Greetings :)
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-09-08 11:00
@Pickaxe: there I would just develop as it currently is.

@Heavy Materials: all objects which are extracted from the landscape are heavy, plus some basic materials: Ore, Coal, Metal, Wood, Planks, Firestone, Rock, Gold, Ruby, Amethyst (maybe I forgot a few).
Parent - - By Sven2 Date 2014-09-08 12:16
I used to put stuff on hold in anticipation of branches, but figured that I would never know when (and if)  things would be finished and how they would eventually work.

So right now, I just ignore anything that is in branches and develop for the current master version. If someone changes the way the game works, it's their responsibility to fix scenarios that break.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2014-09-08 16:45

>If someone changes the way the game works, it's their responsibility to fix scenarios that break.

Even if they aren't in the repo? ;)
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-09-08 19:02
People should contribute to the repo then. We need more scenarios!
Parent - By Mortimer [de] Date 2014-09-08 21:07
Open up another scenarios-only repo \o/
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / please help me Clearify some things for creating Scenarios