Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / [Settlement/Coop] [Unfinished] Clonkomotive
- - By Pyrit Date 2014-09-08 21:39 Edited 2014-09-08 22:05
Clonkomotive:

The goal is to get a train, the clonkomotive, from left to right across some cliffs. You can use bridge segments, that you can build with the hammer. Maybe the blimp works too, haven't actually tested. :D

There's also rockfalls, that can damage the bridges and clonks!

The clonkomotive needs water and coal as fuel, this involves a lot of vertical gameplay. I hope this get's interesting with carry-heavy, as it restricts you to not being able to climb while holding the fuel.

I hope I didn't oversee something gamebreaking and  it's at least playable in it's current status.

Tested with current snapshot.

Uses and contains Dragonclonks Environment Pack.

Todo:
- Replace placeholder graphics for the train and rockfall rocks. Best would be 3d.
- Actually playtestig it in MP.
- Fix the hatch for the bridges
- Hammer and construction site had to be overloaded in order for bridge placement. (bridge needs custom placement radius, custom collection zone, etc...) Maybe I can commit some changes without breaking anything, to make the building stuff more flexible.
- Make a carry heave version.
- ???
Attachment: Clonkomotive.ocs - DOWNLOAD (6532k)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2014-09-09 10:46
Looks promising in the editor :)

I would be available for a play test tonight!
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2014-09-09 11:40
Hm, 8pm?
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2014-09-09 11:40
I started playing yesterday but aborted when it got too late. Some feedback so far:
* Since there is no SolidMask while the bridges are building, I was impatient and walked over the incomplete bridge. I fell down and got stuck in the bridge when it was completed. Maybe bridges (like basements) should unstick clonks upon completion
* I then blasted the bridge with a firestone. It died on a single explosion (which is OK I guess), but just burned down a few pixels and left an incomplete (CR-style) construction site, which cannot be completed or removed. It also blocked construction of additional bridges. The only way I could solve the problem was to produce loam and bridge the gap
* Maybe this is already planned, but I think the bridge building is a bit repetitive. You just need a hammer and an axe and chop+build all the time. I think it would be better if the later segments included additional difficulties (e.g.: Rockfall or aggressive butterflies)

Otherwise good concept and could probably become a mission I think.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-02-15 14:22
Some feedback after playing again, the train does not handle multiple water barrels correctly. And I think there should be more coal (in all columns), and less gold, since you can't buy anything.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2015-02-15 15:34
Very good, thanks! I'll look into that.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-02-15 17:10
Also more firestone in the first column, just a bit more. And is it true that only one of the valleys has rockfall?
- By Maikel Date 2015-12-30 13:08
With the support of Pyrit (many thanks!) this round has made it to the Worlds folder in the official repos. Feedback is appreciated, on easy the round really is easy ;)
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / [Settlement/Coop] [Unfinished] Clonkomotive