Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / [Feedback] Flooded Veins
- - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-09-27 22:29
I played through it on insane difficulty and maximum map size and found it a bit too easy. The gold star achievement should be a bit harder to attain!

* The map size was the main thing to affect difficulty. What about removing the map size option and just combining it with difficulty?
* Pumping away the water is very easy. I think at least for insane difficulty, the map should be closed (e.g.: Paint a brick line down the first 160 pixels, which is where the side is open). Combined with the earthquakes and no wall kits, this will scenario the scenario a lot harder.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-09-27 23:21
I agree that is still to easy, another option is having only piranhas on insane and lots of them, indeed closing the map is a good suggestion as well.

I would like to keep mapsize a separate option, cause a lot of clonk rage players would like to build large settlements for which large maps are suited. For league play, I prefer small maps, because you typically don't need all the space and performance is better. Another option would be to let the difficulty set the water level.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2014-09-28 16:09
I added some of the suggestions, but instead of closing the water exit, I made the water level continuously increase for the insane difficulty level. And then it gets quite a bit harder, because there are no permanent air holes any more and it requires ~4 pumps to reduce the waterlevel. See also this screenshot in which I completed the round in 1h45m.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-09-28 18:13
Nice idea. I would still like to see a map where the difficulty lies in finding space to pump water though. Maybe another map could do that?
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-09-28 20:27
I agree that this would also be a nice challenge, but it could be in a mission as well, or a more advanced world.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / [Feedback] Flooded Veins