Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / New Libraries
- - By Marky [de] Date 2014-12-27 00:07
As suggested by B_E, content libraries could be useful. As a small project I want to make a shooter library for an OC version of the Quake pack (don't know how to call it though). Furthermore I can see something like the Hazard pack, Western pack and similar stuff being based on it.
Any ideas, suggestions, objections? I think that player creations is the proper place, because this is clearly not part of the main concept of OC, but rather nostalgic content from CR.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-12-27 11:33
I can't give you the place for libraries - that would be B_E's job with Lorry; but I can give you the current state of Caedes (a shooter for OC) so you can check if you can use anything from that, if you want
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2014-12-27 12:15
That would be cool. My first idea was making use of the CR Hazard Pack and use as much of the existing OC code as possible. Most shooters use a different interface for the inventory, though. I want to support that, which is probably the most difficult part. Basically I want the inventory to be customizable so that it supports e.g. carrying only one rifle at a time and two pistols or one of each weapon is in the classic deathmatch shooters.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2014-12-27 18:46
To discuss, this is the right location. You could also share a library on github for example, since then it would be easier for people to fix potential bugs and add features. Of course publishing release versions on Lorry then is the final step.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2014-12-27 18:53
By the way, I saw that you did unit tests for the power system. Your framework would be useful for other tests as well, could you extract this to a script/library?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2014-12-27 19:00 Edited 2014-12-27 19:05
If you tell me exactly what you want to be extracted from that?

The control effect is only a few lines of code, so making a library out of that would be a bit crazy. But I can imagine the tests becoming more complicated in the future and a the need for a library might arise.

What kind of other unit tests did you have in mind?

By the way: my first priority is making more tests and actually improving the power system.
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2014-12-27 19:09
For example tests for attaching meshes and animations. Also, tests for AI and pathfinding (if we use waypoints once) could be useful.
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / New Libraries