Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Help - Every save game crashes upon loading!
- - By Tinteex [de] Date 2015-02-12 13:55
Hello guys, thanks for this awesome game (nostalgia :D).

To bad i cant really enjoy it, i completed the first 2 Missions, and was almost done with the third, but the saves somehow always get corrupted (game loads till 92%, then does not longer respond).

Can anyone give me the ALT + M Password thing to unlock the Deep sea mission? , i dont really want to play trough all again...(its fun but i already completed it)  (i thought it was a bug and reinstalled the game, yeah, that was dumb, now i lost all progress)
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-02-12 14:01
S2Crash

Hint: the others you can also all find in the Scenario.txt files in the repository.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2015-02-12 14:33
Seems like the locked missions cause a lot of trouble.

I already didn't like this in CR. I was too bad to complete the early missions and never could play all the later ones, wich made me angry. :D
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2015-02-12 14:49
I like the locking because it gives you a feeling of accomplishement. I found that in other games, if I have all levels ready in advance, I don't appreciate finishing a level as much.

Anyway, I thought about a compromise where the missions are arranged e.g. in three chapters of five missions each and the first mission of each chapter is accessible instantly. That way, if you're totally lost on a mission and don't want to ask for passwords, you can at least begin the next chapter.
Parent - - By Sven2 Date 2015-02-12 14:50
You may try to load the savegames using a development snapshot engine. We've already fixed a number of savegame bugs there.
Parent - - By Tinteex [de] Date 2015-02-12 15:08
Im a complete noob, how would i do this?

is a snapshot a not offical patch that i can try out ?
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2015-02-12 15:17
http://www.openclonk.org/nightly-builds/

I'm not sure if savegames are still compatible since there were some changes e.g. to the power system. But at least they should not crash on startup any more.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Help - Every save game crashes upon loading!