Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Blender Questions
- - By Maikel Date 2015-03-05 20:55
Hi community,

I know there are quite some people here with a lot more blender expertise than me, since I am a total beginner. So I'll use this thread to ask questions from time to time.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2015-03-05 21:38
Good thinking. I might abuse this thread to do the same.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-03-05 21:40
That's okay, I see myself running into the same problems. Please post to the main thread separately for each question.
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2015-03-05 21:45
There's nothing wrong with just creating a new thread every single time. Also makes it easier to link back for future reference.

I could be Nazi mod now and branch all (1) questions into new threads now!
- - By Maikel Date 2015-03-05 20:56
First question: I have made my object in blender bigger than the standard cube you get, managed to export it into OC, but still ingame the object is only about a pixel in size. What did I do wrong?
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2015-03-05 21:05
One Blender unit is one pixel in OC. You have to scale the whole thing and then apply the scale (and rotation) with ctrl+A
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-03-05 21:14
Thanks! Do I need to do this every time I change an object? Or is this best done just before exporting selecting all objects?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-03-05 21:51
It is only necessary if you modify the object scale (in object-mode). If you directly edit the object's vertices (f.e. scale in edit-mode), you won't have any scaling to apply.
- - By Maikel Date 2015-03-07 00:16
I have no exported my first models and get the following warnings:

[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:33: Warning: "colour_write" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:36: Warning: "depth_func" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:38: Warning: "illumination_stage" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:39: Warning: "light_clip_planes" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:40: Warning: "light_scissor" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:41: Warning: "lighting" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:42: Warning: "normalise_normals" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:43: Warning: "polygon_mode" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:45: Warning: "scene_blend_op" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:46: Warning: "shading" is not supported!
[23:01:45] /home/maikel/openclonk/repos/planet/Worlds.ocf/Spiral.ocs/MassBomb.ocd/Scene.material:47: Warning: "transparent_sorting" is not supported!

I am using blender 2.69 and some basic material like in this tutorial. How to get rid of these warnings or how to avoid them?
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2015-03-07 00:45
I use to delete the lines that cause the warnings.

IDK how to export it so that it doesn't create the warnings in the first place.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2015-03-07 01:51
These are caused by attributes of the 'pass' element of the material script which are valid in Ogre3D but not in OpenClonk. We aren't using any customized exporter, and the general exporter uses these attributes to export materials with a high fidelity. The pass attributes are documented here. Most likely, the best workaround is to do what Pyrit said and edit out the problematic lines manually (and check if it was vital to how your material looked).
Next best option is to poke ck with a stick, I guess.
Parent - - By Isilkor Date 2015-03-07 15:38
Most of those attributes look like they should be easy to implement. Attach an object that emits warnings to your post or file an issue, then ping me on IRC, I'll have a look. (no promises)
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-03-07 16:11
Thanks! Also to the other replies.
- - By Maikel Date 2015-03-08 17:52
How do I get a simple rotation animation (like the on for the cube in this video) into OC?

Do I need to take a more complicated route using armatures and bones? (If yes, no need to explain the details, then I need to learn about those first myself).
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-03-08 18:01
Yes, you will need bones for any animation.

If the goal is a rotation in OC, you could of course also solve that via MeshTransformation. But I guess that isn't the question :)

PS: note that you can also do such relatively simple key frame animations with bones! (the "difficult" part would be to create an armature for the object)
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-03-08 18:07
Perfect, then I need to watch some more hours of instruction videos I suppose.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Blender Questions