Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Music] a little harder - Hazard ... or something :)
- - By Shadow [de] Date 2010-01-02 20:40
Another one. This time a little harder.

http://www.materialordner.de/OHwrwosoxkDi7oJBUM4Hl3deDMSHjuZX.html

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Attachment: alittleharder.OGG (3464k)
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-01-02 21:56
I set the upload limit higher (9MB).
Parent - By Shadow [de] Date 2010-01-02 22:02
thank you :).
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2010-01-03 05:32 Edited 2010-01-03 05:37
Well, I guess I'll just be honest: I don't like it at all. It sounds like you just switched through a variety of splashy instruments and a few (too) simple beats over and over. There's no continuity, no theme, no recognisable parts, and no mood or tension building.

But besides that, I also really can't image where one would fit this kind of music into the game. I personally dislike the techno-style, but even fans of that kind of music would have to go crazy if something like this kept repeating in the "background" of a game. It's just too.. noisy.

What *I* think we need in the first place is a handful of similar styled music that an average scenario can be accompanied with for even a few hours - without distracting, confusing or annoying the player. Subtlety goes a long way here! Try to think of a certain moment or mood you could experience with the game when composing your music, it might help you to find a theme and fitting instruments.

[Post Scriptum:]
Your other pieces of music that you uploaded here go way more into the right direction, though. :)
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Music] a little harder - Hazard ... or something :)