Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Castle furniture
- - By Armin [de] Date 2015-05-09 23:43 Edited 2020-02-13 19:51
A few objects which are looking very similar to Clonk Rage Knights objects.

Tent + Tent pack
Archery
Spear rack
Bow rack
Sword rack
Shield rack
Water skipping arrows

You can see everything in the demonstration scen Camp.ocs.

Some notes:
- Arrows do not stay stucked in the archery because the regular arrow has no real sticking behavior yet, I think. At least arrows rarely stick in walls when you shoot at walls.
- You can not abort the build up action of the tent like in Clonk Rage. Maybe I will change this as well as the not so good 2d painted tentpack graphic. :S

Version 1.1
See https://forum.openclonk.org/topic_show.pl?pid=28873#pid28873

Version 1.2
- Fixed and overhauled all rack scripts. (Everything was broken because the inventory system was updated.)
- Fixed broken tent. (The object animation was broken because xyz axis update)
- Fixed weird shield positions.
- Fixed sword particle effect bug.
- Add new weapon: Water skipping arrows. (Just for fun. These arrows bounce over the water if shot in the right angle. Changed demo scenario and added water to present them.)
- Upload all Blender models here.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2015-05-11 18:28
Superawesome! :D
Parent - By Armin [de] Date 2015-05-12 15:36
Thanks!
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-05-11 19:20
They look very nice, and could be great additions to the existing castle scenarios!

I have some minor comments:

* Tent and weapon racks could be pushed out of the landscape, give them bourderbound, like the catapult for example.
* The tent sound does not fit the length of the animation, also the sound is a bit strange in my opinion.
* One of the shields seems to face the wrong way.
* Remove the CR description and title image of the scenario, these are possibly conflicting with our licenses.
* The racks could use a bit more detail.
* The arrows shot at the archery stop to early, and also hit from the back? Maybe another addition to the projectile library is needed...
* The textures of the rack could be improved a bit.

More comments than I expected, but all quite minor.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-05-11 19:46 Edited 2015-05-11 20:30
Other remark:

Please remove the DefCore entries with ConstructTo, they will be removed soon from the engine because they don't serve any purpose.

And I tried around a bit with the Archery, if you use this script, arrows will only hit the target and not the frame and will also only hit from the front, which makes the archery into a strategic element, since you can hide behind it.
Parent - By Armin [de] Date 2015-05-12 15:55
Thx for all the feedback. ConstructTo got removed; Title.png / Description got deleted / rewritten; added you as an author in the better Archery script.
I will do the rest and improve textures and sounds soon. The timing of the TentPack sound is imo okay, it ends when the top part hits the ground. But I need to record new ones anyway because I want to find something that sounds more like that. The current sounds were made by touching a garden tarpaulin.
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Castle furniture