Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Feedback from a Let's play
- - By Maikel Date 2015-12-22 11:46 Edited 2015-12-22 18:54
Gathered feedback of a series of Let's Plays on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxMKmR6sPm__O-tXH9e_dWIhQztZNJQ4v) using OC 6.1:

1) The raid: oil barrel must be dropped in front of the plane, this is unclear. Solution: write clearer in goal and use interaction menu to put oil barrel into plane.
2) The raid: oil barrel can collect water and spray water. Player thinks oil is gone. Solution: block this.
3) The raid: players take quite a lot of time to find the chamber with oil, maybe the hint could be more clear, or the landscape could point more directly to the secret chamber.
4) Ingame menu is too small, the one on [F].
5) Expectation to drop items in the wooden cabin, but this is impossible. Maybe the wooden cabin can function like a chest with infinite capacity?
6) Crash Landing: the player build one wind generator to power his settlement, and the wind was changing direction a lot and he barely had any power. Problem here is mainly the communication to the player, because he did build it in a suboptimal spot next to a tunnel, which means less power. Possible solution: change description of the wind generator to include these issues. (We could tune the engine also a bit that wind turns around less often and is also staying less in the central region around zero wind.)
7) Crash Landing: chest is missing.
8) Player could not find "Kohlekraftwerk", we could rename our steam engine to something more useful. Admitting, the player did not read the description of the steam engine.
9) Crash Landing: the player thinks the crate is for storing things and could only put 4 items. I'd suggest to remove this item from all current rounds.
10) Crash Landing: enable battery to allow for buffering power.
11) Crash Landing: Catapult NPC buggy.
12) Utter frustration to find the airplane and then to fly it away. It was facing the wrong direction. We need controls to turn around the airplane when grabbing it.

This is the feedback I gathered from the first 11 videos.
Parent - By Sven2 [ag] Date 2015-12-22 13:16

> 1) The raid: oil barrel must be dropped in front of the plane, this is unclear. Solution: write clearer in goal and use interaction menu to put oil barrel into plane.

Should be fixed already. I think you just have to stand close to the plane now?

> 2) The raid: oil barrel can collect water and spray water. Player thinks oil is gone. Solution: block this.

Didn't Zapper fix this?

> 3) The raid: players take quite a lot of time to find the chamber with oil, maybe the hint could be more clear, or the landscape could point more directly to the secret chamber.

I already reworked the landscape in that area. There's now an elevator going down to the chamber.

> 12) Utter frustration to find the airplane and then to fly it away. It was facing the wrong direction, we need controls to turn around the airplane when grabbing it.

That's already fixed.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-12-22 13:36 Edited 2015-12-22 13:59
Yes, as Sven mentioned, I fixed a few things already back when I watched the LPs.
E.g. I fixed the oil barrel collecting water and I turned the plane around.

>4) Ingame menu is too small, the one on [F].

I guess that's by far not easy to fix. We will eventuallyâ„¢ need a "real" game menu (like in all other games) that opens on ESC.

>5) Expectation to drop items in the wooden cabin, but this is impossible. Maybe the wooden cabin can function like a chest with infinite capacity?

Nothing against that. You can currently still enter the cabin, right? Maybe that should be disabled?

>Problem here is mainly the communication to the player, because he did build it in a suboptimal spot next to a tunnel

I can add the efficacy to the interaction menu! done

>Player could not find "Kohlekraftwerk", we could rename our steam engine to something more useful

Hmm. We could also add categories to the structures? Very general ones, like "Producer"/"Power Producer"/"Other".

>9) Crash Landing: the player thinks the crate is for storing things and could only put 4 items. I'd suggest to remove this item from all current rounds.

Isn't it actually for storing things? Maybe we should increase the limit to, say, 10?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-22 16:14

>Isn't it actually for storing things? Maybe we should increase the limit to, say, 10?

Fill it with dynamite and you have an ultra-bomb!
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-12-22 23:21

>Fill it with dynamite and you have an ultra-bomb!

Uh, I wouldn't really call 10 dynamite "ultra". With five slots, you can currently carry five dynamite boxes with a total of 25 sticks of dynamite! And it's even easier to handle, place, and fuse than some dynamite in a crate. If anything, I would encourage blowing up crates by giving contained explosions in a crate some bonus (like summing up the explosion power for a bigger radius or something?).

That would really make the crate useful and unique and we need bigger booms anyway.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-22 18:54

>I can add the efficacy to the interaction menu! done

Cool! Does this also appear in the constructor menu? Also why not use the easier word efficiency? I think efficacy is too hard to be using it in a game.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-12-22 23:22
Guess I have been reading too many papers lately. I don't really care about the exact word as long as it conveys the right message :)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Feedback from a Let's play