Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Minor improvements
1 2 Previous Next
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2016-03-10 00:33
That's modifying A as much as it is modifying B though ;-)

Btw, there's already a global function called "GrabContents".
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2016-03-09 15:57 Edited 2016-03-10 20:51

>I don't get your last point. What documentation?

In the code there is a big comment with use cases. I am referring to use case number 2.
Clonk with some arrows and a bow with arrows collects arrow pack. The pack refills the arrows in the bow and infectious inventory, then is collected if there still is space in the inventory.

It does not happen this way. The pack refills the arrows in the bow, nothing else, and does not enter the inventory.

[Update]
I used the original implementation in my unit tests, to serve as a reference. It turns out that the stacks filled objects recursively in the original, just as described in that comment. I had botched something along the way.
- - By Marky [de] Date 2017-06-21 11:18
I'd like to change the return value of SplitRGBaValue to either

a) return a proplist: {R, G, B, Alpha}, so that the format is compatible with particles and can be added via AddProperties(); or
b) return an array, as it is, but switch the order of the entries to [Alpha, Red, Green, Blue] instead of the current implementation [Red, Green, Blue, Alpha]. With the current implementation you cannot use the constants RGB_RED, etc. to get values from the array.

My personal favorite is option a), because option b) would do the same as GetRGBaValue() then, just in a different way (you get all values at once, but for access you use the same parameters as the function call). The function is never used in the game, but it is an incompatible change, so before I do anything it would be nice to hear your opinions.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-06-21 12:17
Clonkfest and Knueppeln at least use this function, which are both on GitHub and you could provide a commit to fix the issues. I prefer option a).
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2017-06-21 12:22
I saw Knueppeln in your repository at least. Where is Clonkfest?
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-06-21 13:34
My repos is not the official one, it is by KKenny.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-06-21 19:39
I decided to make a list of all external (important) scenarios and objects. You should add Hazard as well! I will update later.
Parent - - By Sven2 Date 2017-06-22 03:34

> all external (important) scenarios and objects

Doesn't include all the Hot Ice variants??!
Parent - - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-06-22 08:02
I think there's no repo for all the hot ice variants yet. Also some hot ice variants might cause copyright issues when they will be available for download in their current state. Most likely this would be Hot Beer, Hot Ice Vietnam, and Disco Ice. Eci Toh and Ecitohsphere wouldn't cause any issues as they don't contain any non-CC content, Miami Ice contained two songs released under CC-BY-NC 4.0 (don't know how much that matters) and one song by me (CC-BY).

Maybe if I find some time for that I could compose suitable music replacements for the yet copyrighted variants.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-06-22 08:10
It would be good to have all hot ice variants in one scenario folder, then you can add it to the list. No need for a repository here.
Parent - - By Fulgen [at] Date 2017-06-22 08:15
Why don't you add them to the main repository (when all the copyright issues have been eliminated)/
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-06-22 08:36
Because they add very little gameplay value to the main repository and loads of megabytes of music. Also it is not bad to have some external packs in my opinion.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-06-22 09:16
Especially because that allows us to instantly fill Larry with stuff once it's working :)
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-06-22 09:22
Totally agree with that. Also, since there are quite some packs that take quite a lot of space (i.e. Hazard uses >100 MB) and there still some players out there not having access to a broadband internet connection (and no, DSL with 6 MBit/s Downstream and LTE are not broadband nowadays in my opinion), these players might be happy when they don't have to download several gigabytes (which really takes ages on 6 MBit/s and below) first before they can play.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-06-22 09:35
PS: what we could think about is making sure we have to maintain some packages, even if we don't ship them with the original game.
So that when someone does a breaking change, they would not only have to fix openclonk but also openclonk-contributors, which could be a collection of git-submodules or something... Idk.
Parent - - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-06-22 09:12
I remember Luchs having started to make a Hot Ice variant that unites all the variants we had so far (and plays them in random order if set in the options). The last version of that I tested with him contained Hot Ice, Eci Toh and Miami Ice.
Parent - By Luchs Date 2017-06-22 22:21
It's here. I didn't add the others because of the copyrighted music.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2017-06-24 18:52
I implemented option a), adjusted Clonkfest and Knueppeln, and created the pull requests on Github.

Unfortunately, I could not test Knueppeln, because it requires Medals.ocd. Can someone tell me where to get this?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-06-24 19:19
Google says https://github.com/MDT-Maikel/basemelees/tree/master/Objects.ocd/Medals.ocd
No idea if that is the correct version, though :)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-06-25 09:34
I will make an update of Medals.ocd hopefully next week.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2017-06-25 09:45
So, it is the Medals.ocd from Base Melees? If so, why is it a part of the Base Melees repository, and not a separate thing, or part of the main game? It is confusing that I need a whole different scenario folder just for one object pack
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-06-25 10:13
Indeed, because it was initially just part of this Basemelees. Also the medals are different for different scenarios. If more interest will develop for this I might consider moving it.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2017-06-26 20:52
Something completely different: I want to make the AI helper functions for ballistic paths and angles, as well as GetTarget*Dir global and move them to System.ocg. After all, these are very useful for all kinds of objects or expansion packs. Are you in favor?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-06-27 09:40
Maybe, where would they go exactly and what can they do? Currently they are somewhat AI specific.
Parent - - By Marky [de] Date 2017-06-27 18:03
I am talking about this file: https://git.openclonk.org/openclonk.git/blob/HEAD:/planet/Objects.ocd/Helpers.ocd/AI.ocd/Components.ocd/HelperFunctions.ocd/Script.c

These functions seem useful for, indeed, AI specific things, but not just the enemy AI of the clonk. Animals/monsters and automated turrets can profit from this, as well as anyone who is working on an external pack *hint*

I'd either move them to https://git.openclonk.org/openclonk.git/blob/HEAD:/planet/System.ocg/Object.c, or into a separate file, but in any case it seems a good idea to split that file because it contains so many functions already?
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-06-28 08:04
It is better to split up or in a different file then.
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-07-09 18:46
Miami Ice and Disco Ice need adjustments as well, which I'm applying right now. The entry in the docs should be updated.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-06-21 14:40
I am also for a)
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Minor improvements
1 2 Previous Next