Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Climbing and rope handling
- - By Octagon [de] Date 2016-03-06 01:29
Despite the JnR agility and splendid mobility tools (or maybe because they introduce new challenges), I find climbing to be much more tedious and annoying than it was in CR. There's several reasons.

-Rope segments like to clip through small material protrusions. Maneuvering around these is something ropes should be good for.
-If the rope does go around a ledge like it should, my clonk often snaps into hangling as soon as I touch the ledge, when I'm meaning to stay on the rope.
-Jumping off a wall is inconsistent. Sometimes I jump horizontally, sometimes I fall. Maybe this is just ignorance on my part though - what do you need to press to perform a horizontal wall jump?
-Jumping off round ledges is awkward because walking sometimes abruptly turns into scaling down the ledge. Not sure how this could be improved, though.

I played Treasure Hunt yesterday and spent about half the time trying to climb the same ledges again and again. Maybe I should just use good old loam more.
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2016-03-06 02:02
Yeah Treasrue Hunt seems to be quite the motivation killer at the moment.

I consider just removing the grapple bow and adjusting the map accordingly. It seems to be #1 frustration.

On the other hand, we should really fix the grappler instead of removing it from scenarios...
Parent - By Maikel Date 2016-03-06 09:35

> -Jumping off a wall is inconsistent. Sometimes I jump horizontally, sometimes I fall. Maybe this is just ignorance on my part though - what do you need to press to perform a horizontal wall jump?

Press left/right while climbing up (i.e. while holding W). Hope that helps.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2016-03-06 12:04
Concerning your last point, I also wrote down a few issues with movement in general in this thread.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Climbing and rope handling