Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Announcements / IRC dev meeting (locked)
- - By Newton [de] Date 2010-01-15 14:11 Edited 2010-01-15 14:13
...will be on Monday the 18th, 19:00 (UTC+1) in #openclonk-dev. Make sure you have the latest stable of gobby installed as we might use it later.
As we are quite a bunch (up to 10 people) we should stick to an agenda and moderate the meeting to be able to finish after (usually) one hour. Additionally, I'd say we don't need to go into a secret channel to do this meeting but we just set the channel mode on moderated (+m). If some non-dev has something important to say, he will do that in #openclonk or after the meeting.
I can imagine that after the meeting, often there will be more activity and discussion between the devs who are working together on something but it shouldn't be obligatory (as in: part of the meeting where everybody attends) otherwise the meeting will degrade into an openclonk-evening.

I think the best is when we take turns in moderating the meeting. (= Looking at the time, see that we stick to the schedule and do not get bogged down on some detail, contain oneself in the discussion itself). I'll start.

Agenda

1. Organizational: Weekday/time ok? more TOPs? Protocol?

2. Status updates: Everybody is taking turn in giving a short status update about what he did since last meeting and what he plans to do so that everybody gets a better overview of whats happening. This should be kept short, so no questions (except for understanding) at this point. The details can be discussed later.

3. Website: Blog; Homepage; Wiki

4. Goals: As Maikel already said, we should set some reachable (long term and short term) goals and regularly assess it to have some road map and to be able to allocate the work

5. Gobby session: This step will consume most of the time but is necessary for the first meeting. Concept and plan out the todos that are associated with the goals at least as detailed as there is concrete work until next meeting.

6. Next steps: What are the next steps according to our goals? Division of the work

Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-01-15 16:07

> Make sure you have the latest stable of gobby installed as we might use it later.

May I suggest to use the experimental version instead? It provides Undo! :)

I'm not sure what we exactly need it for, but if we don't need it to run on (one of) our server(s), and we do not need it to be secret, then EtherPad might be another option which does not require prior installation.

> Additionally, I'd say we don't need to go into a secret channel to do this meeting but we just set the channel mode on moderated (+m).

I'd only do this if it turns out that it's really necessary (that is, if others are disturbing).
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-01-15 16:53

>experimental version

My experiences with the development version of gobby hasn't been good in the past. Often, it crashed.
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2010-01-18 19:06
time has come, everyone is there except for newton
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-18 20:17
I'm stuck in school. Oh well, tell me what happens, eh? :)
Parent - By MimmoO Date 2010-01-18 20:26
sure. we will post the whole log in the forums, i think, together with a short summarize
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-01-19 17:42
I am not sure whether that's going to be the final location, but I set up a wiki page.
Parent - By PeterW [de] Date 2010-02-02 00:57
IRC log of newest meeting is up. Together with ck's summaries, this would perfect material for the blog, by the way.
Up Topic General / Announcements / IRC dev meeting (locked)