Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / :(
- - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-20 11:09
Sorry for spamming, you can move this thread to trash.
I just wanted to thank you. I know, that I'm not too much of help, but I really tried hard to help you by providing suggestions and feedback, I also tried some 3d/2d art, but I'm not good at it. I reserve much time to help you at least a bit by commenting/providing ideas, and then in Gobby Log I read:
"[10:41:06 PM] <Newton> our community does not only consist of Asmageddons, there are quite a few people who would like to help if they knew what has to be done"
You really made me feel good :/
Ah, so after all I am useless junk. *sigh*
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-01-20 13:12
Oh uh, I think an apology is in order. I didn't realize that the gobby log would be put public, we were only 4 people at that time and it was in the context of whether we put the goals public or not. At that time, I was disappointed by the flood of feature requests which I personally dont find helpful in the ideas and concepts forum. I intended the board to be more of a concepts board to collaboratively create and discuss solid concepts - like the one that is now in the Developers corner ("goals and todo"). This is just my conception and I can't expect that others see the ideas forum the same way as I, especially not if I don't tell them.
Of course, this is not an apology for that. I just want to tell you that it was not my intention to show you up in public in any way - my resentment about that topic just slipped out at that time (because I thought it was in private), unfortunately connected to your name. So, I am really very sorry that I mentioned you in a negative context. Please don't take it personally, I could also have written "idea-writers".

On the other side, the concept we worked out in gobby that is now in the developers corner was also to give exactly those people (like you) some idea what exactly is missing and where we could need some help in the implementation, artwork etc. Because we know, that "there are quite a few people who would like to help if they knew what has to be done".
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-20 19:57
Ok, no problem, I'm ot upset/offended easily. I undesrtand, that I do not help too much, and some people may be upset about what I do. BUT I promise to change, I'll likely develop scenarios, when more content is ready, as for now I'll probably only write random landscape scripts for future use and post my ideas/suggestions(though I'll try to be a bit more helpful with that.)

As said I'm not angry/whatever for that, in fact I like when people say what they think about me, as then I know they are being honest. Maybe that was good... now I feel even more motivated to really try to do something for OC. Anyway - I want OC to be a great game, and I will do ev... mu... quite much to achieve it, myself or not.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-01-20 20:14

> I didn't realize that the gobby log would be put public

I considered it as a part of the meeting. Sorry for not asking/making it clear before :(
Up Topic General / General / :(