Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Broken Kingdom Campaign: The Hero of Evergreen (Beta)
1 2 Previous Next
Parent - - By Gorn [de] Date 2018-08-28 20:20
Completed the 1st mission "The Watchtower". Well done.

Unfortunately, there are problems with the savegames as described by Marky (Date 2017-06-04 19:47). So after loading I see the complete map and can only re-join via Space, while my old Clonk is still inactive at the last place. When I open the chat (with this complete map) I also see an error message (see 1st picture). Also when loading the savegame comes already an error message (see 2nd picture), but I think that came already at the start of the scenario.

That's why I completely played through the mission (without reloading), which of course is very difficult with the snappy bats. That's why I went underground. ;)

Another small mistake I noticed: The one guy wanted to give me a flashlight. But I did not get any and there was no one around.

> Meaning: right now I don't have any errors when starting either scenario, so I'd be particularly interested in any that you encounter!

Is there a second mission? After "The watchtower" is over with me. Can not select at least one more (follow-up) mission in the folder "The Hero of Evergreen".
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-08-29 09:56
Thanks for the feedback!

> Unfortunately, there are problems with the savegames as described by Marky

Not sure what to do there. Savegames are done by OpenClonk and I can't do something in my scenario to fix this.

> Another small mistake I noticed: The one guy wanted to give me a flashlight. But I did not get any and there was no one around.

You get a crate with a lantern inside. But I guess, it's not absolutely clear that you got this, so I will add an effect highlighting the crate.

> Is there a second mission? After "The watchtower" is over with me.

Not yet, I am working on it. You can find the work in progress on github (link in post below) but it is not finished!
Parent - By Gorn [de] Date 2018-08-29 19:39

> You get a crate with a lantern inside. But I guess, it's not absolutely clear that you got this, so I will add an effect highlighting the crate.

True, have looked again. There was a crate with a lantern. But it would be enough if the guy tells you the lantern is in the crate.

> Not yet, I am working on it. You can find the work in progress on github (link in post below) but it is not finished!

Ok, I'll check it out every once in a while to see if there's anything new. Anyway, the first mission was very interesting. I wish you a lot of fun working and testing this campaign.
- - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-05-01 23:25
I pushed the data now to github and will continue from there: https://github.com/Armag3ddon/CoN_Campaign1.ocf

Sadly, the repository history is lost. But I didn't want to have all the other OC files in that new repository and needlessly bloat it up.
Parent - - By Caesar [vn] Date 2018-05-02 16:04
Did you maintain this within the OC main repo? If you want to keep the history,  it should be possible to do a history rewrite that makes one subfolder the main folder and discards empty commits. Stackoverflow/... can probably tell you more.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-05-02 16:18
I used the separate repository that Isilkor made for a few people. I don't how he set those up.
But I guess I'll continue from where I am. I have the history locally until my harddrive breaks down. I don't think it is worth the effort of hours of browsing through stackoverflow to get a solution.
Parent - By Luchs [ch] Date 2018-05-02 17:36
You could just push that repository to GitHub then.
Parent - - By Caesar [vn] Date 2018-05-03 00:57
Oh. Then you should be done after a

git remote set-url http://github.com/Armag3ddon/CoN_Campaign1.ocf
git push --force

(Github even diaplays these commands when you create a new repo there.)

You may have to delete th3 repo currently on Github and recreate it as empty, I'm not sure about that.
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-05-03 16:53

> But I didn't want to have all the other OC files in that new repository and needlessly bloat it up.

I guess that counts as answer for you and Luchs ;)
- - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-08-31 09:40
Writing dialogue becomes more and more complex, even so I'm still only working on the second scenario.
Parent - - By Fulgen [at] Date 2018-08-31 12:26
[x] Dialogues generated by an integrated AI
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-08-31 13:13
I'm sure that makes everything easier.
Parent - - By Marky Date 2018-09-01 13:57
I wanted to remake the dialogue library from my adventure library with some new options, by the way. With our current project, however, I am unlikely to make any progress there - also, the stuff that is generated by the editor is not so bad, actually. It seems, though, that your flow chart shows something else entirely, based on the decisions that the player made.
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-09-01 23:52
This particular piece is from a sequence, so the Dialogue library is only used in the broadest sense. But yes, the dialogues afterwards are getting more complex as well. But I can't generate anything with the editor, the logic is far too complex to conveniently do that.
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Broken Kingdom Campaign: The Hero of Evergreen (Beta)
1 2 Previous Next