Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Announcements / Moving the Website 26.4.2017 (locked)
- - By Newton [de] Date 2017-04-25 21:10
Hey, I will move the whole website to a new provider tomorrow. Expect the website to be down then.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-04-25 21:39
Which one? Also, please make plenty of backups, just in case :)
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2017-04-26 11:57
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2017-04-26 22:38
Sorry, I did not begin the moving yet, have to wait for something. Will do probably tomorrow evening...

I transferred all the data already, but the databases I will move just before I switch. So you can keep posting until the forum, bugtracker etc goes blank, no data will be lost except attachments etc.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2017-04-27 20:59
It is unbelievable how many things can not work out of the box. I (theoretically) moved everything now but will wait to trigger the domain transfer until the problems are solved from the side of my new webhoster.

So, you can keep posting here.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2017-04-27 21:07
I'll also drop those subdomains (bugs, forum, docs, wiki etc), maintaining these has always been causing problems.
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2017-04-27 21:12
What about league? Isn't that set in the openclonk config?
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2017-04-27 21:14
I'll leave that but it will actually point to
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-04-27 21:23
Oh, wait, so ALL old links will break?
Parent - By Armin [de] Date 2017-04-28 09:26
Parent - - By NativeException [de] Date 2017-10-19 12:44
Anything new on this topic? I'd love to see SSL/https for the forum etc - typing in a password on a http site feels bad...
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-10-19 13:17
I am still afraid that all the old forum links will break.
Googling for "" turns up about 1.700 results which appear to be links
Parent - By Luchs Date 2017-10-19 14:43
There definitely should be a redirect to prevent broken links. With a permanent redirect in place, Google should update its results quickly.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2017-10-21 10:18
I lost motivation to move the site after haggling with issues with the new webhoster. I think when I start to do this again I will do this in two steps:
1. move the stuff to one subdomain (, replace all links in the database, create redirect
2. move everything over to the new hoster or perhaps just buy that damn certificate from hosteurope. Depends on whether there are more problems with that webhoster and if it seems slower than HE.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-11-05 16:41
The time seems to come where we can actually deploy the new CCAN (larry [1]). And we will probably need a (new?) server for that anyway. Might be a chance to move the main website, too.

What are your thoughts, Newton?

[1] currently, the current version of the frontend is hosted by NativeException. And the backend is on an uberspace from Kanibal.
Up Topic General / Announcements / Moving the Website 26.4.2017 (locked)

Powered by mwForum 2.29.7 © 1999-2015 Markus Wichitill