Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Announcements / MwForum updated (what happened) (locked)
- - By Newton [de] Date 2010-02-08 01:18 Edited 2010-02-08 20:37
The forum has been offline since today, 16:00 as I wanted to upgrade to the new stable version. However, as it turned out the upgrade failed and left the DB in a (more or less) corrupted state.
The upgrade is now complete and everything should be working fine - except for some smaller CSS errors and problems with the quickreply plugin. This is the database backup from before 16:00, so the topic about the update of MwForum here from after the failed upgrade in the announcement section is gone.

Another time, here is the list of things that don't work:
+ CSS errors: IE displays the forum slightly broken, the notification area looks odd, no icons are shown.
+ Quickreply errors: IE crashes, the QR-box is not always focussed, the tag buttons do not work.

Now to the explanation what the problem with the upgrading was:
The version information stored in mwf_variables was missing. The version information was introduced in version 2.9.0 so the upgrade script assumed I would be using the last version that has this information not available (using telltale information). Thus, the upgrade script thought I was upgrading from version database scheme 2.7.2 (instead of 2.18.1) and apparently created, dropped, added tables that led to a fatal error that (at upgrade from 2.9.0 to 2.9.2) led to the abrupt cancelation of the script without a rollback or a error message (outside the apache error log).
I have no idea why this "version" value was missing in the database. I upgraded before from (I think) 2.16.0 to 2.18.1 and that update obviously worked. My best guess is that
  1. in the upgrade script from 2.18.1, the version information must have been deleted

2. or it was (accidently) not there in the first place, the upgrade script used some telltale info to upgrade to 2.18.1 and didn't add the version information after that

Both sound far fetched, but on the other hand, a db entry doesn't go missing just like that.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-02-08 13:51

>the tag buttons do not work.

Dunno if you got that (since my post is gone), but the box of the quickreply-form lacks a class='tgi'
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-02-09 00:12
I'm also missing some padding to the left and to the right.

[Edit]: And I just can't get used to that reply-to-thread button.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-02-09 02:20
You have no padding whatoever`? The padding should have stayed the same.

Button: there is no option to turn it off.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-02-09 12:49
The problem seems to be only with the "Default2" style: http://arbur.net/clonk/ocf.png
Parent - - By Luchs [de] Date 2010-02-09 16:48
Yes, that problem also existed before the update until I asked Clonkonaut (iirc) to fix it.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-02-09 21:58
Clonkonaut: May I ask you to fix it again? :]
- By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-02-08 11:42 Edited 2010-02-09 22:00
What's with this issue about adding strange -1 postfix to some (it looks weird - why not all?) names of the files that are being attached to posts? (Like: I add my.png file and it apparently becomes my-1.png). No big deal in fact but seems strange...

Edit: OK already
- - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-02-08 12:13
I'd like to add: If you have missing icons, empty the cache (Ctrl+F5 in firefox).
Parent - By Luchs [de] Date 2010-02-08 14:24
Doesn't work for the Quickreply-icons.
- - By Luchs [de] Date 2010-02-08 14:26 Edited 2010-02-08 14:29
The avatars are much bigger now (mine looks strange now!) and Default2 needs some space left/right of the content. After posting something, the site isn't scrolled down to the new post. (Edit: okay, it doesn't scroll in general)
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-02-10 04:07
In fact, it seems to jump to the top of the page for me when it's done loading. This gets a bit annoying, because I may have scrolled down half the page and it jumps back to the top.
Parent - - By Isilkor Date 2010-02-10 04:32
Yes, it's setting focus to the search field. This also means the automatic scrolling to the next new message doesn't work.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-02-10 11:16
So that is the problem... I'm on it.
Up Topic General / Announcements / MwForum updated (what happened) (locked)