Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Backpack
- - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-04-02 16:16
Since it happens that we are going to use a backpack functionality, we would probably need an appropriate backpack model.
Lets start with something simple:

Current "sketch" model is committed to the resources repository
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-04-02 16:45
I imagine a rucksack looking something like this. I would suggest less detail into the straps, and more detail into the actual pack. Since the clonk wears suspenders, that could double as backpack straps (so, no actual straps in the backpack model).

However, I think a backpack as a part of character and game design. It might be interesting to have a clonk wear a backpack if he can carry > 2 items. The idea of a clonk actually showing his backpack is something the devs should discuss together (if it is a good design concept, etc).
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-04-02 18:06
Yep. We have not actually agreed yet about the possible usage of a backpack, but it seams that everything is coming to it. Since I already had the model, thought that we can start discussing the backpack appearance
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-04-02 19:11
The "backpack" is actually the clonk's inventory that is not the first and not the second item. So we don't need an ingame model here. Only perhaps add it to the clonk's mesh if Randrian will re-do the clonk model once. But this has no priority.

What we coould use though is a high-poly rendering of the backpack fitting to be displayed for up to 128x128 pixels (as an icon). We will probably have several sketches before we can agree on a final render concept so the other modellers are invited to post their own backpack sketches. Here is some input:

http://ds.heavengames.com/gameinfo/aranna/items.html (botom of the page, to the right)
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/DKIMAGES/Discover/Home/History/Military-History/Soldiers/Medieval-Soldiers/Medieval-Soldiers-6.html
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-04-02 19:20
Alright. Better make something more important then.

Since we are not limited of polycount for the backpack image I would gladly participate in creating it (by introducing my own sketch later).

P.S. By the way, I like the image from the DS
- - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-04-02 20:47
Need a usefull bag, like a scholl bag !

2/3 big pockets for objects like rocks, gold...

Some customed pockets for things like bow, arrows, sword, axe...

And 2 shoulders loops (each side of course), like a scholl bag a new time.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-04-03 11:21
Uhm
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Backpack