Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Body armor
- - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-04-02 20:20 Edited 2010-04-02 20:23
I know this is a bit early for this, but since I won't be around here for some time I thought that I might post what I already have.

We haven't discussed this thoroughly yet but we will certainly havr such object as a body armor. At first I wanted to make a full bosy armor with all those metal leggings, bracers, helmet and so, but then I thought that it would be extremely hard to make animations for all of this stuff (it that case we should duplicate all clonk animations we already have as well as all the animations that are going to be, or just attach the armor to the same bone system... I do not really know how it can be technicaly done). To not make things overcomplicated I decided to start with a cuirass (something like this or this - there are tons of images on the Web). So here it is:

Not very much, I know, but somehow I do not feel that those funny "straps" on the lower side of the cuirass (see first reference photo) are such a good idea since they will certainly mess up with clonk's legs and other objects he carries (not mentioning the suicidal attempt to make one of the developers implement soft-body physics). So that's how it looks by now.

At least now our clonk is protected from the direct hit of the stone into his chest.
I think about adding shoulder guards as well as some other armor details but need to have some feedback first.

P.S. Please do not tell anything about the "texture" of mine...

P.P.S. I mean it.

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Attachment: armor-1.blend (635k)
Attachment: armor_UV.svg (8k)
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-04-03 07:10
I think it looks too much like a muscle-shirt. For armour we should have something detailed (with a cuirass, pauldrons, gauntlets etc.).
- By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-04-02 20:50
I think extend the armor on the arms, and make it stronger ?
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Body armor