Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / OC delete every .c4p file
- - By Adidadidu [de] Date 2010-04-12 19:45 Edited 2010-04-12 20:01
Sry for everyone who doesn't speak german:
My english isn't very good so I'll write this post in german.

Ich hatte mir vor kurzem die Nightly-Build versin heruntergeladen.
Im download-ordner entpackt und dann gestartet.
Nachdem ich OC ein wiele ausprobiert hatt wollte ich wieder clonk spielen, meine spieler fehlten aber.
Ich hab auch schon im Clonk Rage Ordner nachgeschaut. Sie sind weg.
Außerdem kann ich im Editor jetzt keine Szenarien mehr starten und dann editieren.

Ich weis dies gehört eigentkich in den Bugtracker, aber ich will hier keinen Bug melden sondern um Hilfe bitten.

MfG adidadidu

PS: könnte das jemand auf englisch übersetzen?

translation:

I recently downloaded the nightly build.
I unzipped it in the downloads-folder and the started it.
After I tested OC for a while, i wanted to play clonk again, but my players are missing.
I also searched for them in the Clonk Rage folder. Theyre gone.
In addition, i cant start scenarios in the editor and then edit them.

I know that this should go into the bugtracker, but i dont want to report a bug, but to ask for help.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-04-13 00:39
Your C4P was in your CR directory, you installed Openclonk and played it (with what player btw?) and then your player file from CR was gone?
OpenClonk does not copy, move or do anything with the player file from Clonk Rage.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-04-14 10:21
it does.

i lost my first player I created with OC, too.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-04-14 11:40
Can you be a bit more specific? What exactly did you do? How can it be reproduced? Cause obviously this doesnt apply for anyone who played OC.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-04-15 08:55
I can't remember, these were my first steps with OpenClonk. (Platform: Windows)
In this time, we had downwards compatibility and I used the CR-Packs to test.
I exploded them into the planet folder and all extension packs i ever had.

But I don't know anything that could cause this deletion except of a buggy crew selection GUI.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-04-15 10:05
I mean the following: To my knowledge, OC does not even know where the Clonk Rage directory is. Since the code has been put under the ISC (same day as the repository was made public), the configuration directory for windows (where the player file is) has been C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\OpenClonk or at least C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\ClonkZoom but not C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\ClonkRage. I am pretty sure of that.
So it's not possible that OC deleted a player file in the user directory of clonk rage. What could be, however, is that OC somehow deleted a player file in his own user directory because of some (new) bug(?). But I am not sure if that is Adidadidu's (and your) issue here since he reported that even his Clonk Rage player file was gone (then I had to assume that he moved his player file into the OC directory (instead of copying it) which would be a pretty dumb thing to do). But so far, Adidadidu didn't say anything yet.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-04-15 17:04
The playerfile was not in the C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\ClonkRage folder, it was in the folder where clonk was.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-04-15 19:41
OK. So? That doesn't change the point I made.
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-04-16 10:43
MH you don't get it?

He just copied the OC engine into his Clonk Rage folder and started it using CR game data. This might have worked in the beginning; it certainly doesn't work any more now.

I guess what actually happened was this: OC found player files in the game folder and moved them into the user path (where they couldn't be found by CR). They're probably still there.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / OC delete every .c4p file