Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / I want a Jetpack
- - By thumee [de] Date 2010-05-11 19:08
Hello,

What is with a Jetpack and it needs fuel to fly or something :D.

Sorry for my bad english.

Now in German:

Ich spiele schon sehr lange Clonk und habe sowas in der Art wie ein Jetpack vermisst. Die Rakete die ihr gemacht habt ist echt gut, nur leider Explodiert sie am Ende immer.
Und wen ihr irgendwann mal Öl in das Spiel reinbringt könnte ihr ja noch sowas wie ein Jetpack machen das beim Fliegen ein Fass Öl braucht oder so.

Gruß Philipp der gerne C++ programmieren könnte :D
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-05-12 15:58
You don't need to know how to program in C++ to code C4Script: http://wiki.openclonk.org/w/Create
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-05-12 16:13
I think a jetpack is not a good idea for clonk. It could be an item for a melee type expansion pack (ie: EKE), but it does not fit very well into clonk imho. The major challenges I found in Clonk Rage was using your wit to navigate the increasingly difficult terrain formations. If we have a jetpack, it will act as a shortcut to completing any terrain related challenge.
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-05-12 19:00
My 50 cents:

Recently there's been a huge discussion about what we need and what we do not need in the official OC pack. We decided to stop on Modern era achievements which definitely do not include jetpacks and such. But contribution is not prohibited anyway - you can add any object you like (or convice one of the developers to make it for you :-) but in this case I doubt anyone will divert his attention from more important (release-related) issues).
- - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-05-11 19:14
I am starting to think about a wikipage or something with the list of all ideas that come to this forum with the appropriate marking for the ones that are going to (or not going to) be implemented (possibly with the reason why they were/were not chosen among the others)...
Parent - - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-05-12 22:53
Umm didn't I try to do something like that a while ago?
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-05-13 16:09
That was more of a list of everything that was in CR...
Parent - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-05-15 02:32
Eh, things don't always work out as someone hopes.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / I want a Jetpack