Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Final todo for release
- - By Newton [de] Date 2010-08-01 14:33
Whats required to finish before the release is indeed not much. Here is a summary, I'll post concrete tasks in the bugtracker and assign them. In this list, there are only things that are necessary for the release.

Graphics
  • Render the Tutorial guide which will be displayed at the upper border of the screen in 128x128 size and gives helpful hints during the tutorial. It can either be a static render or an animated realtime model, depending on how much work you want to invest in it. Imaginable is this guide also f.e. in front of a blackboard...
    Assigned to Randrian.

• The tutorial goal needs some graphic instead of the placeholder graphic of the clonk baby. Probably a drawn book or a custom one for each scenario depending of the goal of the scenario (e.g. reach the flag, shoot all balloons...)
    Unassigned.

• We still need GUI graphics for the frontend - buttons, (icons,) background screens, gui element graphics etc.
    Unassigned.

• A logo and icon need to be completed and implemented in the game and on the website

Engine implementation
  • The support for reference parameters in C4Script shall be removed before the release.
    Assigned to PeterW

C4Script Implementation
  • The tutorial guide shall be at the top of the screen in 128x128 size. Whenever he got anything new to say, it should be visible (f.e. a speech bubble pops up). He only gives the most current hint. The hint message-box is closed if the player clicks on the guide another time.
    Assigned to Maikel

• Right-click on an item in the HUD shall show the description of the object.
    Assigned to Newton

• Melee weapons and the shield will be made more playable and balanced. Animations will also be updated.
    Assigned to Zapper

Level design
  • Tutorial 1 must be finished and should use the useful features of the tutorial guide, the respawn rainbow etc. Sven has not time to work on it anymore.
    It will be finished by Maikel

• Tutorial 2 needs to be adjusted to make better use of the tutorial guide and the context-sensitive help via the description of objects in the HUD
    Assigned to Maikel

• Tutorial 3 will be completely reworked, also to use the tutorial guide and respawn-rainbow. The rework shall be less linear.
    Assigned to Ringwaul

• In some melees, the player is ought to pick starting weapons on respawn. The earlier implementation was quite hacky so either this feature can be reimplemented or the player just fetches his weapons from the chests that are standing around.
    Assigned to Maikel

• Evaluate whats left to do for the races and melees.
    Unassigned

Tasks for Releasing
  • compile and release the installation files for the supported operating systems (win,linux,mac?).
    Unassigned

• Show on blogs, clonk forum, developer platforms/official reposes etc.

• website redesign to accomodate download, more player-friendly layout etc.
    Assigned to Newton

Parent - - By MrBeast [de] Date 2010-08-01 14:45

>compile and release the installation files for the supported operating systems (win,linux,mac?). Unassigned

I can do that for openSUSE (using their Build-Service)
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-08-01 15:11
cool! What package-manager does Suse use? I mean, do we have to supply more than DEB and RPM?

We should the work required on our side to release packages to a minimum -> we should offer as few different executables as possible.
Parent - - By MrBeast [de] Date 2010-08-01 15:33
It's RPM based.

Btw. I don't think we need packages for all linux distris, if there are for some distributions, nice but if not, not that big problem since most linux users are used to compile some software themselves.
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-08-05 08:06
Recently I have already made an OpenClonk RPM package. You can look here to see if anything can be of any help to you
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-08-06 08:58
Well, but in case of some apps people may want to install it, so other users can play it, and doing make install / doing it manually is dirty.
Parent - - By MrBeast [de] Date 2010-08-06 11:59
You are bothering about it to much. It's still much cleaner than most windows installers and if you encounter an problem you can easily delete the whole /usr/local/ Dir to delete everything installed via make install.
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-08-07 23:26
Well, probably you're right :p
However you can't deny that if you've got many apps installed this way you can lose track... but well, I'm gonna continue using hg, so that doesn't affect me that much.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2010-08-06 09:52
We had already at least one Linux user in #clonk that didn't know what the command line was. Be careful about stereotyping Linux users too much.
Parent - - By MrBeast [de] Date 2010-08-06 11:52
Then he never really used linux ;)
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-08-07 23:30
Well, at start you don't know anything, I at beggining also had no idea about CLI, since I never before needed to use it.
Now I mainly use it for hg/svn/git, cmake/make/configure and sometimes for running compilers and getting more detailed error/warning output from wine (and in general) apps
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Final todo for release