Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Dynamic rules
- - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2010-09-01 14:08
How about any dialogue to change the rule setting before starting a scenario?
Except for having the possibility to read the description, rules aren't different from hidden scenario scripts. But most rules are ment and designed to be switched on or off when you feel up to it. Doing so physically changes the files and kills any network compatibility.
Wouldn't it be nice to have any kind of dialogue before starting a scenario where you can select any rules you want without the need to change the files? In the lobby it should be possible to live edit and with visibility for all players.
In addition there are two entries in the scenario.txt needed, like 'IncludedRules' and 'ExcludedRules' to define those rules which should either be switched on or off everytime (e.g. there is no sense in having the option to switch on Construction Material if the scenario doesn't provide it; the developer disables this possibility to protect the player from a trial and error procedure to find out which rules won't work).

From what I've heard this isn't easy because the engine somehow would have to preload the objects. What about this?
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-09-01 18:25
Didn't I suggest a dialog in lobby to choose game rules and goals some time ago?
But yes, I like this idea.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2010-09-01 18:49
Dunno. I tried the search but with no result.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-09-01 19:23
Asmageddon is referring to this.

From what I recall there were actually plans (and even a file definition reserved) for customizable scenario settings.
Parent - By Gurkenglas [de] Date 2010-09-01 21:43
I also already sometimes suggested having switchable rules in the lobby alike the record option, being maybe even seeable in the host choose menu (name?).

[X]
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-09-02 17:00
See Asmageddon. That is actually a very old feature request even from CR
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2010-09-02 17:22
Yes it is, but it shall not be forgotten.
Parent - - By pluto [de] Date 2010-09-17 21:00
But it's not done too? Where are the Network/Lobby coders?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-09-17 22:23
Guess you will meet him tomorrow, heh
Parent - - By Isilkor Date 2010-09-17 22:28
They're all drunk and spending the money they got from coding on hookers and blow, so that's why they haven't yet implemented the feature.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-09-17 22:39
0_0
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Dynamic rules