Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / open clonk LAN
- - By Anonymous [au] Date 2011-01-28 01:49
hello i was wondering how to play lan on open clonk. i have tried it with my brother but when we try to get in each others servers it says invalid refrence. so we can see each other but we cant join
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2011-01-28 06:22
That noone answered yet is because of the timezone difference - I cannot help at the moment (except saying "it should work" and "check your firewalls") so you will have to wait until the others are up (or even back from work) but I felt like pointing out that it's not because everyone is ignoring you :)
- - By Anonymous [au] Date 2011-01-29 08:06
i dont see how the fire wall would be a problem because im connecting a ubuntu pc to and and xp pc. and lan works with all other games.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2011-01-29 23:43
The firewall could block the packets. Maybe you didn't get the request for oc to be unblocked, maybe whatever. It's just the basic thing you always ask first, when it doesn't work for one where it works for all the others.
- By Anonymous [au] Date 2011-01-31 01:43
i dont if its the fire wall because all other games work with lan and its trusted by the fire wall
- - By Newton [de] Date 2011-02-14 01:18
Err, correct me if I am wrong:
If you have the internet button on, the game is registered at the masterserver with the external IP of his router. Now if his brother wants to join, his brother's clonk tries to connect to his server through the internet but as the ports for clonk are not routed through the router, can't connect. So actually, you just need to press the "Internet" button in the lobby to not register for an online game. Your brother will find you in the LAN and can join. Or, your brother can enter your IP or Windows network name and join directly.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2011-02-14 06:24

>the game is registered at the masterserver with the external IP of his router.

If I am not wrong it registers with every IP it has. Local and external
Parent - - By B_E [de] Date 2011-02-14 17:56
Indeed, usually the Client tries to join all possible adresses that the host sends to the masterserver, internal and external.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2011-02-14 18:59
I'd not trust that mechanics too much. I tried once and OC on my notebook used the WLAN-interface to connect to my desktop computer only. I rejoined and it jumped to the GBit-LAN. (I didn't test whether it was also connected over wlan then.)
- By Anonymous [au] Date 2011-02-22 08:30
newton i tried doing what you said joining by ip and pressing the internet button but still it did'nt work

sorry i havent replied for a while my internet had stopped working
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / open clonk LAN