Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Announcements / Savegames (locked)
- - By Günther [de] Date 2011-04-05 14:01
Starting with today's Development snapshot, all known savegame bugs are fixed. That means that we need help finding the unknown bugs. If you want to help, simply download and unpack the snapshot, start a game, save it, load it again and tell us any differences you notice between before and after the save+reload.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2011-04-07 16:35
I gave it first try at tip, first thing I noticed is that you need to manually change the config entries to .ocf for the engine to be able to find savegames. After changing that I opened my savegame and after ~50% of loading it gave the error message: Required object file \Tests.ocf not available.

P.S. we might want to incorporate the .oc* change as fast as possible into the release.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2011-04-19 17:26
Okay it seems that savegames with scenariofolder local objects can't be loaded, from the logs:

>FATAL ERROR: Required object file \Tests.ocf not available.

And in savegames which can be loaded I am unable to use objects.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2011-04-20 17:00

> And in savegames which can be loaded I am unable to use objects.

Any guess what's wrong there?
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2011-04-22 15:01
It has something to do with the backpack, after opening the backpack the controls were functioning again. Logging playercontrols gives a lot of CON_GUICursor, instead of CON_Aim which is needed to control objects, this probably indicates the engine thinking a menu is open. I think the problem is either in the engine or in ClonkControl.ocd line 1260-1299, which do not seem to be invariant under game save/load.

Another thing I noted is that the messages in the HUD are missing, i.e. the Clonk's name and health and the short description under the goal.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2011-04-23 12:26
Ugh, I'd hoped that I wouldn't need to deal with the Input code, but I guess someone has to before savegames work again...

I think Messages were never stored in savegames before. I guess the permanent-message feature was just used too rarely for that to matter. Oh well, the message code is long overdue for some attention anyway...
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2011-04-23 16:15
The CR way was to recreate important messages by script when the game was loaded. Usually, permanent messages are status messages anyway, so it was sufficient to do an update status call in UpdateTransferZone().
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2011-04-27 22:05

> Ugh, I'd hoped that I wouldn't need to deal with the Input code, but I guess someone has to before savegames work again...

This is now #596.
Parent - By Newton [gt] Date 2011-04-23 17:26
Might be a bug in the control system too. Sven told me back then that a function should be called on reinitialization of the game after game save. I implemented that but couldnt test it because the save games were broken then. Perhaps I forgot to reinitialize the controls completely or something.

Sven/Guenther/Maikel, can you have a look at that? I currently have no computer with repository here. Otherwise, open a bugtracker entry so we dont forget about that. (I want a memorize post function for the MWF)
Up Topic General / Announcements / Savegames (locked)