Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Graphical Settlement Design Web
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-18 07:54 Edited 2011-10-18 21:27
I've arranged a graphical web based off Clonkonaut's Settlement Design Document. Hopefully this can act as a helpful resource to for developers.

• Objects linked above others are child nodes.
  • Resources are colour-coded to save space with disconnected nodes.
  • White lines indicate production of the child by the parent.
  • Nodes listed as text are done so because there is currently no graphic for them.

I'll be updating this graphic as development progresses.

Note: In this web coal is mined by the pick. Open to discussion.

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Attachment: OpenClonk_Settlement_Webv002.xcf - Raw project file of the web (3428k)
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2011-10-18 09:33
Nice art

Didn't understand half of the arrows (well, it's just me) but have 1 remark: Wooden plank should actually look like plank - not 3 stocked logs (since we do not have a graphic for this yet - suggest leaving text comment like you did with some other stuff)
Parent - By boni [at] Date 2011-10-18 10:58
That's not a wooden plank. That's just more wood than the axe.
Parent - By boni [at] Date 2011-10-18 10:58
Sweet. :3
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-18 12:47
"Purchase items at the flag"? I only remember me proposing to be able to buy tools there. The rest should be bought / gold-produced at the various production buildings, as far as I am concerned. Zapper proposed to have a trade depot instead, iirc.

And hm, the workshop still looks a lot like a building. Couldn't we reduce that to a bit more than an anvil, like in CR? With added mechanical stuff so it's reasonable that it can work automatically :)
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-18 18:08

>"Purchase items at the flag"? I only remember me proposing to be able to buy tools there.

Ah, I see. I must have misunderstood the situation.

>Zapper proposed to have a trade depot instead, iirc.

I like this idea

>And hm, the workshop still looks a lot like a building. Couldn't we reduce that to a bit more than an anvil, like in CR? With added mechanical stuff so it's reasonable that it can work automatically :)

Sure, but we'll need someone to make a concept of that.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-19 14:15
Well, the flag would be used for selling. Still not sure what this could look like - maybe having some kind of box on the flag would make it look more plausible...?

Otherwise we'd have to go with items in a certain radius around the flag just spontaneously disappearing. Wouldn't have to be bad if we give a it a good warning delay and a satisfying sound complete with "$"s flying in all directions or something.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2011-10-19 20:59

>good warning delay and a satisfying sound complete with "$"s flying in all directions or something.

The "$"s were what I imagined, too :)
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2011-10-18 20:56
Wow, so confusing! But the graphics are neat! Perhaps you should split resource-production and workshop-production.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-19 14:19 Edited 2011-10-19 14:23
Also we should definitely not have a flag produce from wood. Whatever its production process would be, it must be something that fundamentally rules out mass-production. As logical as it might be, that's the opposite of what wood stands for :)

I'd put it maybe on the cloth side, that seems intuitive enough and is a big blank spot anyway. Maybe make it produce from magical Wipf wool or something - that you have to produce by feeding a Wipf bread baked with raw gold powder! Maybe not literally like that, but then you'd finally have a proper reason for Wipf farms.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-10-19 14:44
I'd planned to have cloth produced either from cotton or from wipf wool. 1 wood and 1 cloth maybe costly enough. If it turns that it's not there no problem to add some kind of rare ingredient like your special emblem (coat of arms) you can purchase at a flag.
Parent - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-19 15:02
Hm. You could make Wipfs only produce wool if you feed them - thus giving food something to do. Maybe double as lure. Producing flags from cotton would seem a bit too easy to me...
Parent - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-19 14:43
Another note: If we really get a mill, we could use that for the "make sulphur/coal from flint" backwards reaction. That would give it more to do.

(still not a fan of rolling it into the windmill though)
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Graphical Settlement Design Web