Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Cycling between Crew-Members; Relative to landscape position
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-24 00:13
I made a patch which changes crew-selection using the [R] and [T] keys to cycle between clonks relative to their X position on the landscape rather than their index in the crew. I think this is more intuitive, but I'd like some comments & criticism on it before I would push it to the repos.

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Parent - By MimmoO Date 2011-10-24 09:09
actually sounds like a pretty neat idea.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-24 15:09
Nice idea. Do they reorder in the top view as well?
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2011-10-24 17:58
They don't; it would however only require changing the last function in Objects.ocd/HUD.ocd/Control.ocd/Script.c (If you don't want to animate it) and adding an effect which calls it.
But remember that you can still select your Crew with Alt+[Num], and I think it would be weird if these numbers would be reordered.
Parent - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-24 18:39
Would it? Not any weirder than the switchers changing order, as far as I am concerned.

Not that I'm overly concerned about anything, because the ultimate solution is obviously to not have more than one Clonk :P
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Cycling between Crew-Members; Relative to landscape position