Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic QuickShift: an alternative

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Octagon
Throw-launching an item with the club is another thing that has become more annoying.

Generally, I feel encumbered by the strict separation between [Throw] and [Use]. When I try to use a projectile in succession with a usable weapon, I often find myself throwing my sword away and trying to use the flint.
For good old flints and rocks and other items without a tool use, throwing them with [Use] would feel very natural.
But I'm not sure whether to apply the system to all items without a use option (including wood etc), or limit it to the more typical weapons. The latter could cause confusion about what's considered a weapon...
Either way, I do see a potential problem with that approach: there'd always be an inconsistency between different throwing weapons, because some of them have another [Use] (igniting iron bombs etc), so "Use a throwing weapon to launch it" still wouldn't be a universal pattern.
That said, it feels weird that javelins distinguish between "attack throw" (use) and "throw throw".