Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Masterserver backlog / statistics?
- - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-10-29 14:47
Does the masterserver record some statistics of past scenarios played, player counts and durations?

It would be nice to see which scenarios are being played and for how long people stayed in there, so we could see which kinds of scenario are popular and which are not.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2012-10-29 16:14
second that, would be nice to see that on a separate page on our site. Also to see whether people manage to finish a scenario or quit early.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-10-29 20:02
Could it be possible to have button next to each game to directly join the lobby out of the browser?
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-29 20:28
Easy, that worked at some point in the past.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-10-29 22:08
I think an online platform for the comunity would fit great into clonk's concept. I mean online accounts here on the website, that belong to the players ingame. So that the information of a player is stored online in your account.
Inviting friends to games directly in your browser. Create clans and see wich friends are online. Maybe even see wich objects/scenarios were uploaded/created by your friend. Get alerted when your favourite round is opened while you are browsing the internet.
(Only requirement is that there would be a (huge) community. (and someone who wants to do all this stuff^^))
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-29 22:11

>(Only requirement is that there would be a (huge) community. (and someone who wants to do all this stuff^^))

Are you implying that you don't want to do it?
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2012-10-29 22:55
It still works. Just click on the door icons on the league page.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-10-29 22:57
Ah, I never actually installed OC...
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2012-10-30 00:29
Oh, I thought you were talking about CR :)

Not sure the OC master server has the required wiring, but the functionality is definitely still in the code.
Parent - By B_E [de] Date 2012-11-06 15:38
Yep, as long as the openclonk://-handler is correctly registered it's just a few LOC. I just don't know if the repos version is identical to the live masterserver version (since it was modified to allow only the games beeing shown on the main page) and don't know if it even would be live if I commited the change now or should wait if/till Newton has his version in the repository.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-11-06 16:52
Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like regular applications that register protocol handlers. You're introducing a potential security vulnerability in your browser after all. It's not something I would expect some small standalone game to do.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2012-11-06 17:21
I think these days most browser at least ask for confirmation on that kind of thing.
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2012-11-06 17:41
Yes, true. Does the uninstaller at least remove the handler by now?
Parent - - By knight_k [de] Date 2012-11-12 21:40
Looking back at the recent steam-vulnerability, most but not all of them seem to do that:

"Browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox display an alert when steam:// URLs are called; only Safari passes them on without any warning."
Parent - By Luchs [de] Date 2012-11-15 22:39
Mac users don't need any of that security stuff anyways.
Parent - By B_E [de] Date 2012-11-06 15:42
The masterserver clears up the db/log with all data depending on configuration. It should definitively be possible to add a statistics page though, I've taken a note for it next time I rework the masterserver (soonish).
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Masterserver backlog / statistics?