Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Kill points
- - By Kandif [pl] Date 2012-12-05 21:03
In a few scenarios with Lava you should change one thing.

When the player was shot and fell into lava, he died but the shooter didn't get a point.
And in  Scorched Gardens works like in upper example. Because of that the match lasts very long.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-12-05 22:23
That's true, but implementing the correct kill tracing there is far from trivial.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-12-05 22:43
Not if you say that when you die through lava simply the last player who damaged you gets the point. I did it that way in CR in Balance, for example
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-12-05 22:46
That is only part of the problem in scorched gardens. The other is which player last controlled the damaging object!
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-12-05 23:20
What about not changing the controller of an object when it is currently controlled by another Clonk? (But still change the velocity of course).
Then the player who controlled the object first would always get the kill (assuming that is the attacker most of the times) - and if he stops controlling the object, another player could get control of course
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-12-06 22:18
Controlling is not an action with a duration, its an event. You can either change that (set a property in all teleglove-controlled objects or add an effect), or store at least two controllers (from two different teams). It's still not a trivial fix.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-12-06 22:35

var effect = GetEffect("NoControllerChangeInt", obj);
if(!effect) {target->SetController(GetController()); effect = AddEffect("NoCOntrollerChangeInt", target, 2, 1, nil, GetID()); effect.cooldown = 6;}
else if(target->GetController() == GetController()) effect.cooldown = 6;
target->SetSpeed(x, y);
func FxNoControllerChangeIntTimer(_, effect){effect.cooldown -= 2; if(effect.cooldown <= 0) return -1; return 1;}

Should work :)
Parent - By Kandif [pl] Date 2012-12-05 23:26
I wouldn't say this because in Molten also it doesn't work ;/.
- - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-01-18 18:00
On a related note:
I suggest changing Scorched Gardens to LMS instead of Melee.

This video lasts 35minutes with around 40 deaths and 5 kills...
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2013-01-18 22:33
I will maybe give the kill tracing there one last try and otherwise indeed!
Parent - By ala [nl] Date 2013-01-18 22:44
You work is very much appreciated.
Since I had a long working progress with kill tracing in Clonk Rage (and I based my work on Sven2s scripts, who had worked an eternity on it), I would love to see good tracing as a game standard (being the same for every scenario).

If fellow scripters wouldn't have to worry about it anymore, that would be a huge accomplishment. It also always frustrated players in game.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-01-19 12:22
Okay, but with all the random meteors on that map, LMS might make sense anyway. As some sort of evade-meteors-and-kill-enemy game
(because a lot of times players died through random meteors instead of other players)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Kill points