Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
- - By Anonymous [at] Date 2013-01-12 17:32
Bring Clonk to the Ouya (http://www.ouya.tv/)!
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2013-01-12 18:19
But they are still working on the Nintendo DS version!
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2013-01-13 18:38
Looking at the specs, this sound a lot more doable. Iirc, there is a way to write native code for Android, so maybe porting OC for that thing wouldn't be that much work.
- - By Anonymous [at] Date 2013-01-14 10:11
I am the second semester of Computer Science College and I would really like to do it myself, but I don't have enough experience.
The concept of Ouya could completely revive the golden times of "Clonk". It was such an awesome game.
If someone could bring the "main concept" of Clonk to this console i bet i would gain huge popularity and new content and addons would come up frequently.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-01-14 10:47
That's right of course. :)

But it sounds like a lot of effort to port over the OpenClonk-code to Android. We would have to find someone who wants to invest a lot of time. And right now the priorities are somewhere else - at least in the main developer team
Parent - - By Anonymous [at] Date 2013-01-14 13:00
Allright I may have enough knowledge and time to start this project next summer.
If someone is interested to help or giving me some advice contact me: feldnerphilipp@gmail.com

You guys are doing great work with your project and it is getting far to little attention yet!
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-01-14 13:17
That would be really cool if you want to invest time into that :)

I am sure that even those who don't send you an email would be willing to help if you have concrete problems (for example here in the forum or in IRC #openclonk-dev)

Hopefully (with a bit of luck) full gamepad support will work again by next summer. I guess that is a requirement for porting Clonk to a console :)