Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Random Map Generator Game Mode
- - By Andriel Date 2013-02-16 16:35
I think you can never have enough settlement scenarios, and a rather cheap way would be to introduce something like a map generator:
So you click "Create new Map" and then have a menu similar to the "Landscape" panel in the scenario properties window from CRs Developer Mode, just more advanced. You can set the materials to be used, the weather, goals and rules, starting equipment, and landscape type (e.g. sky islands, caves, mountains, ...).
Most of this is already in CRs Developer Mode, so maybe you could take this as a starting point?
I remember how much fun I had in CR creating a map in Editor Mode, throwing in some Ozarks and killing them with teraflints :)
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2013-02-16 17:56
What about a dynamic landscape generator like Mape, but with a better GUI? Where you have an overview over all algorythms and graphical samples what they look like. You could compose your map by adding different layers and putting the algos onto them with a single click and sliders for all available properties.
Parent - - By ala [nl] Date 2013-02-17 10:47
That's what I'm dreaming of :)
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2013-02-17 14:41
+1!
Parent - By mxsmack [pt] Date 2013-02-17 22:19
I really would like a mod which maps are generated ramdomly but also with the chosen settings, size, resorces and height for example.

Good suggestion! Let's hope it's done!
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Random Map Generator Game Mode