Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Handling of flags without owner
- - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-03-19 18:24
Flags without owners are broken a bit at the moment. They take over a base radius, aren't actually usable by anyone. The problem is that in settlement rounds, if everyone is eliminated and then people rejoin, you end up with an unusable base.

Always transferring all flags to the next joining player might not be a good idea though, because it would be broken in (team) melees.

My suggestion would be this: Flags without owner are acquired by the first Clonk who comes close to a flag. This should work well for both the settlement and the melee case. It would also be nice for settlement scenario developers, since you can just create the whole base including flags in Initialize() and let players spawn close to the flag to take ownership. At the moment, you have to do some complex scripting that creates the base for the first joining player.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-03-19 18:35

>My suggestion would be this: Flags without owner are acquired by the first Clonk who comes close to a flag.

But that would be broken in team melees, too. Imagine you have a CoFuT-like base with about three flags (each for one of your three team members). I enter your base, kill one of your team and happen to stand in front of his flag: tada, your base is now mine. With no effort on my side except for accidentally standing in the right place.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-03-19 19:03
If you are eliminated, flags always go to one of your former teammates first. That is already the case and handled in the engine. Flags without owner only happen if your whole team is eliminated.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-03-19 19:57
Mh. Right.
Might make sense for the flag to be conquerable then. I'd like to have a look whether that breaks anything with the ownership system, though, before you change that (I am not even sure what happens with ownerless flags).
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Handling of flags without owner