Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Clonk scenario experiences :)
- - By Ann [de] Date 2013-10-05 00:05 Edited 2013-10-05 13:01

Acid Gold Mine

here the first entry!
haha, me and PhillipK played clonk, the map Acid Mine, long game, did alot stuff, played like 2 hours and then... on 1 spot we missed to place 3 pixels ....

and our 2nd try on this map, this time PhillipK got an router recoonect, and he was dodged out, and then i died by mistake cause i fell into lava, we had like 125 gold at this time.

(the dead bodys at top was phillipk when he tried to rejoin this scen.)

I like this scen very much, i hope it will keep its high difficult grade, since its a lot of fun to master such a hard scenario.

Tipps that i can give for now:
+ go into the lower area as soon as possible
+ build energy kompensators since you have only 1 place for a mill, and some buildings need 4 energy, and getting coal for a coal generator seems to expensive since you need all coal for melting metal for the bridgekits and the gold ignots.
+ hurry up with gold mining as soon as possible, the lava volcane destroys alot of gold, so if you not fast enough your effort may be useless. =)
+ we tried to pump out the lava, but since the volcanos bring in new lava this is not rally cool, it seems to be better to go fast in the area and dig it carefully with alot of loam and a pikaxe.
+ if you are 2players, split the jobs, like 1 taking care for getting stuff and keeping the base save, while the other one is focusing on digging a shaft for the elevator to the lava/gold area.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2013-10-05 10:11
Not bad attempts, there is some way to get rid off some of the lava with pumps, but I don't want to spoil that here.

Also this scenario has been moved to Worlds.ocf in the dev snapshots. And in there you will also find Gem Grabbers, which I invite you to play if you want another hard scenario.
Parent - - By Ann [de] Date 2013-10-05 11:32
but at first, we need to finish on this one! ^^
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-10-05 11:41
Gem Grabbers is a lot easier, since you can take all the time you want and always build a safe way to mine the gems (although the fast and dangerous way may be more insteresting :)).
Parent - By Maikel Date 2013-10-05 16:06
There is not all the time you want, at some point meteors and thunder strikes will destroy everything you made.
Parent - - By PhillipK [de] Date 2013-10-06 09:37
Check the second screenshot. We where trying to pump some lava away :P
I had built a little seperated room for it, but when i was done, my internet restarted :( runtimejoin is annoying in this scen, i started at the top of the mountain and loading a save didn't work either :/

Sad, but okay. we will beat this level some time^^
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-10-06 09:47

> runtimejoin is annoying in this scen, i started at the top of the mountain

Yeah, the entrance being blocked for rejoin (unless you actively work to keep it open) is intended :P
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2013-10-06 10:43
We might want to change the disconnect/rejoin so that a player can reuse his old clonks. That sounds like a serious bit of work, though.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-10-06 10:50
Having Clonks without owner stand around sounds weird.

If a client disconnects unexpectedly, the game could pause and the host may choose to allow reconnect instead. This could be implemented on the network level and wouldn't require magical player handling.

(It would handle only network disconnects and not e.g. power outages though)
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2013-10-06 10:55

>not e.g. power outages

Or crashes… And, I never said the clonks would stand. Lying around as lootable coma corpses, or so. Still, the network think has limited use but sounds implementable. Hm.
Parent - By Ann [de] Date 2013-10-06 11:07
this sounds like a valuable solution to me wich would make the game well more playable, specially for long games.
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2013-10-06 11:28
The clonks could fall asleep :) Usually you don't know how long the disconnect lasts (e.g. hole system crash, no means of communication). After a minute or two of the annoying forced pausing, people will get anxious. I'd like to see a rejoin option that lets the others play on.
- - By Ann [de] Date 2013-10-05 13:03

Acid Drilling

Actually we try this scenario, but i found a little problem, i tried to make another lorry since it could be better to have 1 for the base and 1 for underground, but the lorry was stuck once it came out...

thats not cool ^^
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-10-05 14:53
Poor lorry :(

I wonder if I should move the building or write a script that makes sure produced vehicles are moved upwards a bit if they're stuck.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-10-05 15:19
Fixed it.
Parent - By Ann [de] Date 2013-10-06 11:04
cool, ty^^
- - By PhillipK [de] Date 2013-10-06 12:19
Acid Drillers

We did it!
Maikel and I beat the Acid Drillers scen :) It was a bit of thinking, but it was possible.

Basically, the most time was taken by reducing the ammount of lava,so that we could walk on the bottom of the map.
And then Maikel invented some cool way to transport the acid over a great distance, using the feature that it floats on the lava. That was VERY cool :D
To power the right side, we did a little trick, but iam pretty sure that its meant to do this way. I wont tell any more, but you may find out with this SCREENSHOT:

(warning, 4mb size! dont click if you are a modem user :P)
Parent - - By Ann [de] Date 2013-10-06 12:26
haha cool thats a simple solution.
How long did you guys played on this?
Parent - By PhillipK [de] Date 2013-10-06 12:29
well, more then 2 hours. i guess 3 ^^
But it was fun, working all the time x)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Clonk scenario experiences :)