Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Title bar obsolete?
- - By Pyrit Date 2013-12-14 23:40
I actually never understood why clonk had one. I don't know any other game that has one. Is it there to remind us we are playing OpenClonk?

I like to hide it, but then I can't see playtime and FPS and all. And when you change the title bar graphics to an empty image, it doesn't do any good, because you have a black border on the top.
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2013-12-15 06:43
Personally I wouldn't mind it being removed and replaced with a much thinner info title bar containing the info that is normally displayed there (FPS, time, name of scenario,...). This should be fairly easy to do also for people who haven't been working with the engine yet. Are you interested in doing that?

Also, the question is whether the other info in the bar makes sense,... name of scenario, time etc. Perhaps rather display the FPS head-up on some F* key combination.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2013-12-16 20:51
I don't think such a small change is worth for me setting up all the software you need to make patches for the engine. It's probably much easier for one that already has all the requirements up and running.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-12-16 21:13
It would be only installing VS (=following the readme) and setting up GIT, which you probably need anyway for development at some point :)
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2013-12-17 11:55 Edited 2013-12-17 12:37
What? As a developer, you do not have the environment set up?

Do you realize how this statement comes along?
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2013-12-17 20:45
Well yeah. I got a new PC and don't have GIT installed on this one yet. But I still have my eclipse C4DT.
I have actually never wanted to change the engine itself. I have no expierience with VS, so I'm more comfortable with doing objects and scenarios in eclipse. Mostly scenarios.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Title bar obsolete?