Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Touchscreen support
- - By Mupf [de] Date 2016-03-10 12:11
I've been trying out playing OC on a laptop with touch screen and tought I'd record a bit for you.

As you can see it's a bit of a struggle, especially getting right- and left click right. (Windows does a right click if you hold down, except if you move your finger while holding).
I would find a "touch screen mode" (e.g. Minecraft has that) to be a neat feature for the distant future, since these touch laptops are becoming more popular and if it worked right it would be a lot less of a hassle than using the track pad when you don't have a mouse at hand.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2016-03-10 12:16
Interesting :)

I have no idea what a "touch screen mode" would do, though.
Parent - - By Mupf [de] Date 2016-03-10 12:28
The main problem while playing is that you keep trowing stuff around that you intended to use. (All items that require to hold left mouse)
There would have to be visual feedback whether you are about to left- or right click.
Just came to my mind that it's probably the easiest to remap trowing to a keyboard key. Mouse controlls are grayed out though so I can't try :/
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2016-03-10 14:04
You can remap directly in the config (just remap one key to see how it looks like and then add another by hand).
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2016-03-10 14:53
But remapping mouse keys will fail miserably, because the keyboard keys will not send the ingame mouse coordinates in the x|y arguments. As described here
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Touchscreen support