Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Keyboard Keys Configuration
- - By Zyxyx [be] Date 2011-10-02 12:33
How is it possible to change the WASD attribution to, say, ZQSD for AZERTY keyboards or any other combination for people used to other keys ?

I know it's not possible to do it in the game itself (just for now, I hope) but is there a config file we could edit to be able to play the game 'normally' ?

Thanks !
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2011-10-02 13:24
I believe there is no such possibility at the moment - at least none that is easily accessible for the player :/

The configuration file is packed in System.ocg which can be unpacked using the C4Group program that is included in the release. Once unpacked (c4group -x System.ocg I believe), you can leave the folder unpacked.
However I don't think that will work with multiplayer games since probably the System.ocg of the host will be used (not sure there, though - might be that the controls are loaded and not overwritten by the host).

I am sure Sven2 can clarify that a bit more once he is around :)
Parent - By Zyxyx [be] Date 2011-10-02 13:59
Ok, thanks for your quick feedback.

I'll try that and wait for a next release with any other / simpler way to do it (it would be a great improvement that could bring the game to a larger audience).

'cause this is already a great game and open source project !
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2011-10-03 19:28
Sven2 has been doing a lot of work recently to make it possible for players to freely change the controls for his profile. Anyhow, this turned out much more complex than originally thought and he couldn't complete it until the deadline for this release.
Parent - By Zyxyx [be] Date 2011-10-04 08:37
Good news !
Let's wait for the next one, then...
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Keyboard Keys Configuration