Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Sound-Developer
- - By flocz [de] Date 2012-11-08 16:48 Edited 2012-11-08 17:04
Hello dear Open Clonk Community,

i know clonk since i was a child and im still a big fan of it. Even i dont play it anymore i want to be a part of the project. I make a lot of music and try to find new challenges and extend my field of skills.

Closely i would create sound effects like a falling stone, wind or something crash together.
If you need someone for your project who can make the world of sound in clonk more realisitc and atmospheric I could be the right person.

Sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Feel free to contact me ;)

Edit: If you want some music for the game, i could do also. Maybe you should listen to the soundtrack of machinarium which fit very good to the clonk theme i think. Tell me you opinions! If you want a example of my work or something what i think to do for clonk just ask =).
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-08 18:55
Hi flocz!

Yes, we need sounds! The sounds we have at the moment are ~all taken from free sound-sites around the internet with compatible licenses.

If you are still playing sometimes, you could see ingame if you have a "wow, this action really needs a sound"-experience somewhere (or watch youtube videos) :)
Otherwise I am sure that someone could put sound requests into the Art Workshop forum
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-11-08 19:09
Maybe a request thread would be good. Sticky, if possible. Then I would request a better button click sound. The current one has pitch that makes my windows shatter and bass that makes the earth rumble.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-09 02:55

>The current one has pitch that makes my windows shatter and bass that makes the earth rumble.

Yes it does. :(
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2012-11-08 20:01

>"wow, this action really needs a sound"

Boomrace...
Parent - By flocz [de] Date 2012-11-08 20:08
Ive just found the Open Clonk project today. After i came from work i will check out the newest version anyway ;).
I will listen to the ingame sounds und try to give you some examples next time so you can imagine what i do.

What do you think about the idea of music like machinarium? I've also thought about changing music, while fighting or building like in other games (could give a "going-in-a-deep-cave" a wonderful atmosphere).
Parent - By Andriel Date 2012-11-15 17:26

>"wow, this action really needs a sound"

Objects falling into lava. Currently it sounds like a water splash, something like "gljup-blub-zisch" would be cool!
Parent - By ala [nl] Date 2012-11-08 19:58 Edited 2012-11-08 20:03
In general: Yes. There is a need for sound design and also music.
For music: I'm going to work on a 5 song repertoire regarding landscape tracks (Snow, Cave, Night, Mountains, Lava), but that's probably not enough - clonk is a pretty complex game. So feel free to work at it as well.  I'll post some work shortly, but I'm still on a previous project currently.

For starters: I really don't like the explosion sounds ;).
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Sound-Developer