Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / League Development
- - By Newton [th] Date 2014-04-19 08:07
-
Parent - Date 2014-04-19 09:11
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2014-04-19 09:29 Edited 2014-04-20 13:53

Left to be done from my perspective

Important for test-run (announcement in blog, activate link in navigation bar, regular league-day)
none

Important for launch (update with change of league server URL, old masterserver goes to sleep - excluding the update URL part)
* user.class.php:194 - yes, please do sync the email and also the league moderators.
* Zapper reported that one can not edit his team after creation
* solve errors from the logs

Other / nice to have
* check_webcode etc. functions should perhaps be renamed to reflect what they actually do now
* if user tries to login who doesnt have an account on the forum, a proper error message with a link to the registration page or somthing should be shown
* replace necessity for cronjobs / external call via password with: saving in the DB when last the 5min/1day cronjob was executed and on each access to the league, the times are checked. If more than 5min/1day passed, the cronjob script(s) are executed and the current time saved.
* make the clonk engine accept cookies (from the league) so the player does not need to input his password on every start of a league game. Remove possibility to set password in the league (instead, the pw is always the same as in the forum)
* (use URI rewriting to) make the URIs less ugly
* don't use homegrown database abstraction
* the home page could act as a portal page showing the rankings, leagues and last games instead of ?part=game&method=list
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-04-19 19:42 Edited 2014-04-19 19:44

> * Zapper reported that one can not edit his team after creation

I'm pretty sure that was broken on the commit that removed the option to change username and password in the league. The league backend is missing some functions to make the profile page working at the moment. Undoing parts of that commit should fix the issue.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-04-19 20:31
I hope you feel guilty, because team Caedes has now been auto-deleted because of you
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2014-04-23 16:27
Can you tell me where in the original league you could edit your team? (Where was the link)
Parent - - By Newton [th] Date 2014-04-23 16:39
Hm. Trying to create a new team via http://league.openclonk.org/?part=clan&method=add just silently fails if I e.g. enter two different passwords. Also http://league.openclonk.org/?part=clan&method=edit does not fill in the data from my clan and this does also silently fail if I save the "changes". Whats going on, were clans some kind of beta feature in the original league?

I did not change anything regarding the leagues and I don't think Sven did.
Parent - - By Sven2 Date 2014-04-24 13:14
It was probably broken in the commit that removed user renames and password changes. Some clan-related backend-functionality was dropped there as well.
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-04-24 18:55
Which commit are you referring to?
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-04-20 10:45

> * user.class.php:194 - yes, please do sync the email and also the league moderators.

Done.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-05-05 20:42
Another thing which is necessary for the open league, is it to accept all competitive rounds not just those having Goal=Goal_Melee in their scenario.txt
Parent - By Luchs [de] Date 2014-04-19 13:24
Unfortunately, Clonk doesn't support HTTPS for sending the league credentials etc. I don't really want people to enter their clonkspot forum credentials without a secure connection :/

As far as I can see, Clonk uses a custom HTTP client. Is it possible to add HTTPS support? The code there didn't change much since CR, so an implementation could potentially be used for both?
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-04-26 06:48
So, Sven, what about a blog post about an (upcoming) beta run for the league? I'll uncomment the league-link the the top navigation as soon as you tell me to.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-04-27 09:10
Yeah, the league certainly warrants a new update. There isn't too much missing; just some minor bugs to iron out.

* The clan issue should be fixed by partially reverting the parts of the profile edit commit
* I sometimes saw untranslated placeholder strings instead of messages, but reverting the placeholder string commits should fix that.
* Storage of password tokens so the league can remember your login
* A mechanism to sync scenario hashes to the league would be nice
* Some missing graphics (adventure league icon?)
* Some testing
Parent - By Newton [th] Date 2014-04-27 15:13

> The clan issue should be fixed by partially reverting the parts of the profile edit commit

I am not convinced that the bug was introduced with any of my commits

I'll move this branch to the league development topic.
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / League Development