Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Clonkmesh don't change
- - By vagner Date 2016-04-20 13:45
Can someone help me?
I can't change the clonk position (Right/Left) when he are on airbike.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/an94wnpd69x3h3a/Airbike.ocs?dl=0

Thanks!
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2016-04-20 16:14 Edited 2016-04-20 16:29
You can do cela->SetAttachTransform(clonkmesh, Trans_Rotate(0, 1, 0, 0)); in ContainedRight() and cela->SetAttachTransform(clonkmesh, Trans_Rotate(180, 1, 0, 0)); in ContainedLeft().

But you probably want to make the Clonk itself ride the Airbike, instead of a helper object and attach a clonk mesh to it. Because If you make the clonk directly ride the bike, he can be also shot down from it, because he is actually outside of the bike and not contained in it.
You should look at the Boompack to find out how to ride things.

Looking at the Boompack, I wonder why it needs AttachMesh() there. Can somebody explain?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2016-04-20 16:35

>Looking at the Boompack, I wonder why it needs AttachMesh() there. Can somebody explain?

The boompack probably defines the "riding" bone just at the right position so that attaching the Clonk there looks okay. Additionally, the boompack could also animate that bone (e.g. a horse would) so that the Clonk would follow the movements.
Also, if the Clonk was just in front of the boompack, it would not be possible that any part (i.e. one leg) of the Clonk would be behind the boompack.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2016-04-20 17:32
Hm okay, I see that it would look weird if the clonk was just in front of the boompack. But do you know what makes the "real" clonk invisible in the first place?
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2016-04-20 19:37
Parent - - By vagner [br] Date 2016-04-20 17:37
Thanks a lot, the object is working now.
"But you probably want to make the Clonk itself ride the Airbike, instead of a helper object and attach a clonk mesh to it."
You are  right, but the airbike is not a 3d object, i think i can't attach the mesh in static object, right?
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2016-04-20 17:43
There is a Ride action in the Clonk that uses the DFA_Attach procedure. This method of attaching objects should work for any kind of graphics.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Clonkmesh don't change