Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Shipyard
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-11-01 22:19
It's very rough at the moment and doesn't have much detail. It's basically a concept model.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-11-01 22:26
Oh nice :) But why is the wall just a plain surface? Won't this be very boring from the ingame perspective?
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-11-02 01:30
I was planning that to be like a garage door; it rolls up to show the finished product when vehicle construction completes.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2011-11-01 23:21
Where's the large valve to inflate the baloon? :(
Parent - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2011-11-02 11:15
if you open the garage, willl there be black (like CR) or will we see a workbench?
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2011-11-02 23:47
I want a crane like this in the game! :-D
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-11-03 00:57
We do have this model and I somewhat planned to make something out of it but I still wait for this (wait for Randrian or me to find the time to get used to the rope library).
Parent - - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2011-11-03 21:58
Are there made any vehicle concepts yet?

Dont make the mistake to fit the ship design(s) into a final shipyard concept. Otherwise it's like CR where a giant Blimps pops out a significant smaller building out of nowhere.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-11-03 22:04
The airship works fully now. Though as I recall I haven't scaled the model of the shipyard relevant to proper in-game size.
Parent - - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2011-11-03 22:18

>Dont make the mistake to fit the ship design(s) into a final shipyard concept. Otherwise it's like CR where a giant Blimps pops out a significant smaller building out of nowhere.

Dont we want some mystical appering and working? The sawmill and some other buildings do.
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2011-11-04 01:09

>Dont we want some mystical appering and working?

So why "we" make a shipyard building? Lets just use an airship-conkit. *mystical* ;)
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-11-04 02:11
I don't think this is a good idea. Have a look at the blimp and then try to imagine how big the shipyard must be. This would a little bit too ridiculously big. Furthermore, such big buildings are unhandy and unnerving for the player. You must never sacrifice fun for realism because it's the fun the player wants.
Parent - - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2011-11-04 02:46
I see your point, but there is also some room for new ideas. For example: Airship body is manufactured in the shipyard and the balloon will pumped up later with some cool steampunky pipe-stuff.
Parent - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2011-11-04 11:29
Or it will fill automatically when pushed out the shipyard the first time, maybe everytime when pushed out a building.

Humans will let air out of everything to safe storage by default. Look at your home is there anything pumped out in it you don't actually need? (except very small things like a ball)
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-11-04 13:14
Yes, something like a balloon-filling animation might go but only if someone (and this will be Ringwaul in most cases! ;D) makes this animation.
Parent - - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2011-11-04 14:46
Maybe we should insert a statue to praise Ringwaul, because he made (all) the content.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-11-04 20:25
Heh, a bit of an overstatement I think. ;)

I made quite a lot of the art content, but certainly not all.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Shipyard