Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic [Request Feedback] Heavy resources

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
Oh, I thought you were already calling for playtests. I failed to find the repository.

Okay, some questions from me on the concept you wrote here:

1. You said that the chunk size should be dependent on the material (Rock (5), Coal (4), Ore (4), Gold (3)). The more transparent and simpler way would certainly be to say 1 chunk = 3 pieces for any material. Is there a specific reason for that?

2. The firestone, ice and snow material do not yield chunks. This seems inconsistent to me. Why not?

3. Currently, one can throw away carry heavy objects just like normal objects. Will this stay the same?

4. What about swimming and rolling? Will it be disabled also? (Clonk walks on the ground, play Kneel animation instead)

Regarding the disabling scaling and hangling thing, you raise most concerns yourself already:
+ scenarios were not designed with this in mind, a major change to game balance
+ will break some scenarios, backwards compatibility problem

However, I find it interesting enough that we should try it and see how it plays out.

Another issue I see is with the splitting up stuff. I'd find it best if we somehow found a solution that would completely eliminate the "smaller" objects... it feels like loose change. Loose change that will accumulate in each of your production buildings: "Yeah, we have here, 0.75 ore left in the foundry, and 0.25 coal in the workshop". Whats worse than one wallet full of small change?