Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / The Story of Harkon - a Project for CR
- - By Randrian [de] Date 2011-12-26 11:26
Hi I just wanted to show you what can be done with the "old" CR engine: http://clonkforge.net/pr.php?pr=1415
I am sorry, but the text are all german only. But perhaps some of you have fun with it.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2011-12-26 12:41
Definitely most awesomest! I got to the first "real" mission, and must say, the atmosphere really begins to pick up. When you murder people, then their friends pass by, scream in shock, pick them up, go to church and even bury them. So much attention to detail.

I had a few engine crashes on section changes, and some script error flooding which seemed to have had no bad effect on the gameplay. Otherwise this was ironed out quite well.

Too bad we don't have the content to realize that for OC yet. Using zoom and high-res model, plus the additional scripting capabilities, possibilities would be so much better.
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2011-12-26 13:57
I unfortunately couldn't find out why the engine crashes on section changes. Sometimes diretly after the first section change (which occurs in the first frames), but only randomly. Perhaps you as the father of the sections can find out what is causing it....

Yes, I also thought about making it for OC. That would definitifly good for OC, and it could be even cooler for OC. But in some concepts OC is just too half baked to realize this project in OC. And it would definitifly be more efford than developping it for CR...
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2011-12-26 16:33
Could run in a debug build and try to find out. On the other hand, if it only happens in the intro sequences, it's really not a big deal.
Parent - - By roboclonk [de] Date 2012-01-05 12:36 Edited 2012-01-05 12:39
The music is a bit too loud. I can't understand anything of the text.  :(

[Edit]  And in the settings my music is very quiet already
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2012-01-05 19:39
Ok, I will turn the music down a bit. Hope you enjoyed the rest nevertheless.
Parent - By roboclonk [de] Date 2012-01-06 18:08
of course ^^
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2012-01-05 16:18
Yes, the music is definitely too loud.
Up Topic General / General / The Story of Harkon - a Project for CR