Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / Why the deadly grotto is deadly
- - By Armin [de] Date 2015-02-04 21:20
This just happened after a 2 hours round was like 97% finished. I brought my full health Clonk with a lot of loam and dynamite to the statue head to finish it... and suddenly everybody dies. :D :(
Attachment: out-1.webm (864k)
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-02-04 21:24
Oops!

We might want to change the dynamite box to also have a fuse time like dynamite when submerged in lava.

Also we need to think about whether the contents of the clonk are protected from lava or not.

In general though: who would go swimming with a dynamite box in lava?
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2015-02-04 21:52
Should maybe ignore lava and instead be tied to the fire effect. Clonk burns 49% -> Nothing happens. Clonk burns 51% -> Fuse ignites and after 5 seconds stuff goes boom!!!
This way you don't die when you get accidentally submerged in lava for a splitsecond, like in the vid.
Parent - - By Sven2 Date 2015-02-05 13:20
We would have to change the clonk to ClosedContainer (-> Lava does not affect contents) but change fire to propage to contents instead. This would also affect stuff like wood and individual dynamite pieces. Sounds like a sensible change to me; it would make lava a bit less dangerous.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-02-05 13:30

>but change fire to propage to contents instead

I am really not a fan of that. Think of half-burnt bows in CR. If that would happen every time you get hit by a fire arrows...? ugh...
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-02-04 22:50

>We might want to change the dynamite box to also have a fuse time like dynamite when submerged in lava.

Like Pyrit suggested, we could add another callback for when you are burning 100%. The dynamite box could then explode on that callback instead of on Incineration. Or it could explode on Damage when it has taken X damage.
Parent - By ala Date 2015-02-05 11:13
Actually I like this behavior :), dynamite is dangerous in real life too. You don't go around and dance with it, but Pyrits suggestion sounds fun as well.
Up Topic General / General / Why the deadly grotto is deadly