Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Scripted Materials
- - By Marky [de] Date 2015-09-27 21:42
Aside from backwards compatibility issues, would it be possible to have scripted materials? We already have actions and particles in script, materials would be awesome.
For example this would allow the scripter to create a "concrete" material that is emitted from his concrete mixer object, and it would work in every scenario.
From the technical side this is probably not feasible because of the limited palette for the landscape and maybe the way materials are loaded and handled.
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2015-09-27 22:28
By "Scripted material" you mean "Adding a material in a .ocd file"? Because you can already have custom materials in folders (.ocf) and scenarios (.ocs).

It wouldn't be very hard to implement. I don't see a concrete application though.
Parent - By Marky [de] Date 2015-09-28 05:09

>I don't see a concrete application though.

The concrete mixer?:p

It could be anything really, an alien infestation material, tiberium crystal material, anything that is native to/required by a certain object pack. The scenario designer would not have to reimplement the specific materials himself.

Allowing .ocm definitions from object definitions would be cool by itself. I went a step further and wanted materials entirely as proplist: you could set water to not freeze, or ice to not melt without having to copy the material definition, even just temporarily. It was just a random thought, I have no immediate application for this.
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Scripted Materials