Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / General / Editing Objects in Eclipse
- - By J. J. [py] Date 2015-09-30 16:42
I was wondering how to edit Open Clonk content, because when I try to rewrite something in Eclipse, It tells me that I can't, because they are read-only files. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks! :)

-J. J.
Parent - By Gamer [de] Date 2015-09-30 17:25
If you set up everything exactly as in the guide (http://wiki.openclonk.org/w/C4DT_Installation_Guide), you shouldn't have any problems. It seems weird to me that the editor says that they're read-only files. Are there some weird file permissions going on on your system? Please show us your exact setup of the project and what error is occuring.
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2015-09-30 20:27
If you're using Windows, remember to not put stuff into e.g. C:/Program Files/, because you cannot write there as a user. Put the game content to your user path or something like C:/Games, D:/, etc.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-09-30 22:29
Alternatively, you can also go to your Program Files folder, right-click the OpenClonk folder, go to Properties->Security->Edit and just give your user write permissions.
Parent - - By J. J. [py] Date 2015-10-08 15:45
Thanks guys! That should be the problem then. I will be experimenting with blender for making objects. However, Orge Meshy isn't starting (I think, someone else mentioned this...). I will have to look around for more answers on that. Anyways, thanks again and keep up the good work! ;)
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-10-08 16:26 Edited 2015-10-08 17:15

>However, Orge Meshy isn't starting

You could try this here. It worked for me.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2015-10-08 21:06

>However, Orge Meshy isn't starting

I fixed some problems with my installiation by pulling the libs from their subfolder into the root where the executable lives.
Up Topic General / General / Editing Objects in Eclipse