Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Sound] Skin Synchronisation
- - By ala [de] Date 2015-11-26 08:44
Hi, I made a starter-soundset for 3 of the skins, including 6 confirming sounds, 6 *hurt* sounds and 3 *die* sounds per skin.

If you like this, and this is wanted I can expand this.

I hereby license the file SkinSynchronisationDemonstration.zip under the CC-BY license
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2015-11-26 11:56
I like it. Not sure though if we can properly separate German, English and 'unilanguage' sounds and play only those applicable.
Parent - - By ala [de] Date 2015-11-26 12:44 Edited 2015-11-26 12:48
Ah, no I didn't think about making specific language samples, that would probably be a lot of work wasted - since most players won't hear them.

When we recorded it, we just thought a little German in between might be charming ;)..
Hence we went for sentences like "Alles klar", "wird gemacht" "Ja!" "Jopp" along with the english phrases.

Context should always be clear and English will stay the dominating sample language.

[Edit] If there is a sample that sounds "too" German, I'll make a replacement.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2015-11-26 13:31
Yeah, I don't think that a little German for English speaking people is bad and yes, it might be charming. I thought of the other way around, German people hearing (mostly) English sounds. They'd immediately think something's wrong with the localisation.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-11-26 13:34
I guess that would be no issue if we stuck to general phrases like "yepp"/"yeah"/"mhmh"/"okay" etc. I didn't listen to the samples from ala yet :)
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2015-11-26 13:52
Yeah, I'd consider those more or less 'uni-language'.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2015-11-26 20:37
mhmh
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2015-11-26 17:56
That's cool, but when are all of the confirm sounds to be played? When you start production in a building? We don't have the old double-click commands from Clonk Rage and stuff like placing constructoin sites or wall kits are instant.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2015-11-26 18:08
NPC dialogues maybe?
Parent - - By K-Pone [de] Date 2015-11-26 21:58
Dialogues is a good point. I recently played some of the missions in OC and thought about recording vocals for the clonks. Don't know if anyone would like to have that, but I could do that if I find some free time and maybe some other speakers who could speak for different clonks.
Parent - By Mupf [de] Date 2015-11-29 22:28
If there are ever any additional speakers needed, I'd love to participate!
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-11-26 18:45
When creating a construction site, calling the elevator, etc? I think we can find enough opportunities where we currently lack feedback :)
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2015-11-26 18:09
Possible expansion: Attack sounds for enemy AI (only played upon first sighting).
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2015-11-26 19:33
Who's there? ... Must have been the wind.
- By ala [de] Date 2015-11-29 17:32
So, I'm done with working out the remaining recording files. Thanks for the motivating comments :).
All skins share like 35 sounds they have in common and have some individual sounds on top of it.

I will at least record one more girl for the black haired clonkine. For the NPC voices, you would have to tell me what you want, and I'll get those lines recorded as well.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Sound] Skin Synchronisation