Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / C4DT not showing up
- - By Mupf [de] Date 2015-12-11 13:47 Edited 2015-12-13 22:58
Hi there,
I wanted to start developing some Scenarios, but already failed setting up Eclipse and/or C4DT.
I was following the instructions here, but Clonk doesn't show up under "Open Perspective".
C4DT does show up under installed software though.
I am using the the following (most recent) version of Eclipse:
Mars.1 Release (4.5.1)
Build id: 20150924-1200
Under Ubuntu GNOME 15.10.

Edit: Just tried exactly the same under Windows 7. Works like it should. Any ideas?
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2015-12-21 22:34
Sorry, no. Just that Eclipse/C4DT is really not necessary to make scenarios.
Parent - - By Mupf Date 2016-01-05 15:13
Makes it a lot more comfortable tough, especially for someone like me who is used to the Clonk Rage Editor.
I'm just gonna use Windows then.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2016-01-06 16:22
I'm curious: How does the editor help? I never understood that…
Parent - By Mupf Date 2016-01-06 18:46
It's just a lot quicker and straightforward than file manager and terminal.
Want to test an object or scenario? Just hit enter. No fiddling around.
- - By Marky [de] Date 2017-04-24 15:26
I have two questions regarding C4DT:
1) What is the update policy/strategy for C4DT? I did not find a new version on the update site (http://www.openclonk.org/c4dt/) for quite some time, and new constants such as VIS_Editor and some function changes produce errors now. The option for analyzing the repository code for functions does not work for me.
2) I would like to use the code formatter of C4DT more often, but it formats all proplists as: proplist = {key1: value1, key2: value2, ...}.
This seems to be OK for the engine when running that code (or I accidentally used a different repository without these changes), but everywhere in the original code I see proplist = {key1 = value1, key2 = value2, ...}.
The question is: Can I use this format, or will it be dropped in the future? Why do the other objects not use that format?
Parent - By Isilkor Date 2017-04-27 17:35

> Can I use this format, or will it be dropped in the future? Why do the other objects not use that format?

We don't currently intend to remove this syntax. If we do, we'll add a deprecation warning to it at least one release in advance.

I can't help you with the other questions; C4DT is a side-project by Mortimer. Maybe you can reach him via PM or on IRC if he doesn't reply here.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / C4DT not showing up