Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Tutorial Riddle
- - By Maikel Date 2015-12-18 23:26 Edited 2015-12-20 16:50
I am working on Tutorial 8 (some random one in the sequence) and have stripped it from its guide messages. So now it is a nice small riddle you can try to solve: Find the lorry with metal and get it back to the surface.

Let me know if you succeed!

Download removed because the tutorial is now in the repository.
Parent - By Armin [de] Date 2015-12-19 15:47
Looks good, *succeeded*
Parent - - By Wipfhunter [at] Date 2015-12-19 19:11 Edited 2015-12-19 19:27
Succeeded.
Nice tutorial. I really like the new hurt/die sounds and those "dumdudum" idle sounds of the female clonk :)
After I unintentionally destroyed the elevator in the first attempt, I tried it again with a savegame.
(A bug: After I started the savegame, somehow the life bar was invisible. The breath bar worked normal.)
For me as a person who never before used the wall-building-kit, the placement direction of the wall was quite unpredictable- especially while swimming.

The infinite water source was produced by the new background water material?
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-12-19 19:36
Thanks for the feedback.

Good points: I will make the buildings indestructible in this round. Regarding the wallkit, maybe we can improve the placement controls somehow.

And indeed: the infinite water is produced by background material at the top and right side of the like (press Ctrl + F8 twice to see what the background materials are, in debug mode with Ctrl + F5).
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2015-12-19 22:40
I got everything important!
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-12-20 09:10
Good point: I'll prohibit taking the drain pipe into the mine.
Parent - - By Sven2 [ag] Date 2015-12-20 14:04
Maybe I'm missing something here. How does flooding the mine help bringing up the lorry?
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2015-12-20 14:21
Nice flag
Parent - By Maikel Date 2015-12-20 14:56
This is too prevent the tutorial player from accidentally flooding the mine, not to prevent an alternative solution :)
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2015-12-20 15:38
I sealed the bottom of the shaft and then pumped the water into the mine until the elevator case was dry. It's a good spot to pump water into!
Parent - By Wipfhunter [at] Date 2015-12-20 12:02 Edited 2015-12-20 16:02
Actually I solved it the same way. I just added an additional hole in the granite at the bottom to prevent the NPCs from drowning. (Bottom of the map is open)
- By Maikel Date 2015-12-20 16:49
The original version is now in the repos. So far no one has found the alternative solution (one without using the pump!). So the pros can still have fun with that ;)
- - By Maikel Date 2016-02-07 21:32
Tutorial 6 is now in the repos, the first to find the easteregg gets a cookie!

Feedback is appreciated!
Parent - - By Wipfhunter [at] Date 2016-02-07 22:55 Edited 2016-02-07 22:59
Was able to finish the tutorial without any problems.

Two minor things that are a bit annoying, but in a more general way:

Elevator: When I call the elevator and my clonk is standing directly below it, the elevator does not drive directly down to the feet of my clonk, but stops a few pixel higher. Therefore grabbing the elevator and pressing [up] results in the elevator driving upwards without the clonk on it.

Selection circle for objects you can grab: Should in my opinion only appear if you hold [space] a bit longer (so you actually want to select between different objects).
                                                              Looks weird and makes no sense at all to show the selection circle for under a second when just  pressing space shortly, especially not when there is no other grabable object around.

I think i managed to get some eastereggish stuff, but lost my plane in the process:
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2016-02-08 09:21
Finding the windbag is indeed the easteregg, but it should be doable without the airplane :D

>Elevator: When I call the elevator and my clonk is standing directly below it, the elevator does not drive directly down to the feet of my clonk, but stops a few pixel higher. Therefore grabbing the elevator and pressing [up] results in the elevator driving upwards without the clonk on it.

Agreed, currently the elevator has the new special solid mask which allows you to fall through when pressing X, this cause more problems like only pushing stuff up when they are above the solid mask and not in the solidmask. Also tutorial 5 the outro is broken because of this. I'll look into adjusting the elevator case movement a bit.

>Selection circle for objects you can grab: Should in my opinion only appear if you hold [space] a bit longer (so you actually want to select between different objects).
>                                                              Looks weird and makes no sense at all to show the selection circle for under a second when just  pressing space shortly, especially not when there is no other grabable object around.

I have no strong opinion on this, so Zapper will probably reply here.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2016-02-08 20:42
Or, we just remove that halfsolid mask from the elevator…
Parent - By Maikel Date 2016-02-08 20:53
I already did except in the half solid mask test.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2016-02-08 10:32

>Selection circle for objects you can grab: Should in my opinion only appear if you hold [space] a bit longer (so you actually want to select between different objects).
>                                                              Looks weird and makes no sense at all to show the selection circle for under a second when just  pressing space shortly, especially not when there is no other grabable object around.

Hm, I have no strong opinion on that either. I can try whether it looks better when the circle takes 50ms to appear or whether that feels like an unwanted delay when you actually want to select another thing.
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Tutorial Riddle