Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Do you think I could still work with my musical hardware?
- - By K-Pone [de] Date 2016-05-10 19:34
Well, I think I can. Stay tuned for some new songs using my real hardware (Roland JV-1010, Roland Juno-D LE, Roland Juno Gi, Roland VP-7 (and maybe even the Yamaha MM6) ).

I hereby license the file testloop.ogg under the CC-BY license
Attachment: testloop.ogg - Just testing. JV-1010 and M1 Le used in here. (829k)
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2016-05-11 14:19
Where is the difference by the way, between using real hardware and not using real hardware?
Parent - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2016-05-11 15:12
You cannot code the groove.
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2016-05-17 10:48
You can do quite a lot of things with software synthesizers and other audio software, i.e. you can export a song in almost no time (depending on the amount of things you have to process) without having to record it and set up everything properly, like volume and EQ levels, but you are limited to what your computer can process. If your computer is kinda slow and you want to use a software synth that literally eats your cpu, it's just pain. Hardware has the disadvantage that you mostly have to adjust all the levels on your own and wire up everything properly, but it also has the advantage that you have a real keyboard instead of virtual keys on your computer keyboard or screen. Also the hardware is dedicated to making these sounds, and sometimes hardware also has their own sound processing technology. Some hardware, especially analog synths, can't just be emulated on a computer, like the TB-303. Emulation comes really close to the hardware sound nowadays, but there were still some components making the sound that simply can't be emulated that easily.
Parent - By Nachtfalter Date 2016-05-13 16:59
10/10 would clonk.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Do you think I could still work with my musical hardware?