Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Musical Chamber / Kammer der Musik
- - By K-Pone Date 2016-06-17 13:32
The Musical Chamber is a music creation scenario for everyone who likes making music. Currently this is still in development, but I already released an Alpha version of it. I'll post updates as soon as I make them here and on the Project page on Clonkforge. If you have any ideas for new features, let me know.

How this works:

Use the first tool (looks like a Teleglove right now) to select a sample you want to use. Then you can use the second tool (the Hammer) to place the sample anywhere on the map using the mouse. If you want to delete a sample, use the third tool (the Dynamite).
There will be a sweeping line going from left to right. Every time it hits a sample it will be played. The sound will be played at the golden speaker symbol.

More info will come soon.

Download from CCAN: https://ccan.de/cgi-bin/ccan/ccan-view.pl?a=view&i=6264
Project Page on Clonkforge: http://ccf.striver.net/pr.php?pr=1556
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2016-06-23 09:09 Edited 2016-06-23 18:39
Pretty cool! I tried making a song with it, but it sounded bad, probably because I've never composed before. :D
I'm sure you could do cool stuff with it.
Some ideas:

- when you used the teleglove, the selection should automatically jump to the hammer tool. I accidentally used the teleglove multiple times, because after selecting a sample I immediately wanted to place a sound, but ended up opening the menu again.
- the menu could have a close button, so you don't have to select a sound if you just accidentally open it.
- the menu could remember where you were. E.g. when you placed Drums and open it again, it could stay at the Drums stuff?
- if samples are placed in the landscape, a message could show the name and the tune, so you don't have to distinguish them by color alone.
- a pipette tool would be super useful imo to directly copy samples from the landscape.
- it makes things much easier to automatically set the tune according to y position, and it is good that this is already planned. :)
- and it seemed that sometimes some sounds are not played, you have to meve them around to be played.
- - By K-Pone [de] Date 2016-06-24 02:00
Version 0.2 ist auf dem CCAN zum Download verfügbar.

v0.2
+ Schließen-Button im Sampleauswahlmenü hinzugefügt
+ Vorschau-Buttons für die Samples hinzugefügt
! Menü wird jetzt ordnungsgemäß geöffnet und geschlossen
+ Sounds werden jetzt beim Clonk abgespielt
- Lautsprecher entfernt
+ "Hammer" wird jetzt automatisch ausgewählt, wenn ein Sample ausgewählt wird
! Items sind nicht mehr wegwerfbar per Rechtsklick
+ Crash-Cymbal sample hinzugefügt
+ 2te Oktave für Synth Bell hinzugefügt
Parent - - By Sven2 Date 2016-06-24 03:46

> + Sounds werden jetzt beim Clonk abgespielt

Wieso nicht einfach global?
Parent - By K-Pone Date 2016-06-24 21:21
Weil das nicht geht. Dann werden die Sounds immer erst dann wieder abgespielt, wenn der vorherige Sound zuende ist. Dieses Verhalten ist hier aber eher unerwünscht.
Up Topic Community / Player Creations / Musical Chamber / Kammer der Musik